Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin, the teenager on RTE in the 90's.

Options
  • 17-03-2007 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

This is driving me a bit mad. Does anyone else remember like a teen presenter on RTE in the 90's. He was called Kevin and did maybe a show on Saturday morning. Anyone know what happened to him or where he is now? Or does anyone else even remember him, I'm sorry I dont have much more detail! And does anyone also remember that show on RTE on Saturday mornings where contestants on it would get gunged? What was that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bleedin' Rapid, Kevo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Rapid, that does ring a bell alright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Annoying git. I remember him doing the Stream program, gaming review thing. He has his own gathering card on boards too, here.

'Gran Terismo on teh Playstayshun Teeew'

Yeah Yeah, its all coming back now!!! Stream...jaysus thats years ago!

Physiquiz was the other one on Saturday, "AH YEAH, TWO POINTS SO FAR, YEAH GO ON DERE!":mad:

• Advertisement

And here was me thinking I might be the only one who remembers him haha...Wonder where he is now though...

Seems to have vanished off the face of Dublin. :) *starts Find Kevo campaign* Maybe he doesn't want to be found, I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I do remember the brillant AH thread with all the photoshopped images of him.

"Twas Bleedin' rapid and all dat!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

ah fizzy quiz! I still remember the theme clearly!

points there for the belew team.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what was the name of the show that had a wall with velcro and you had to throw balls at it, the wall turned then it was throwing frisbees into a letter box hole.

that dude was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cremo wrote:
    what was the name of the show that had a wall with velcro and you had to throw balls at it, the wall turned then it was throwing frisbees into a letter box hole.
    Wasn't that a game on Echo Island?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

kev.jpg

kevomagic.jpg

basquille wrote:
    Wasn't that a game on Echo Island?
    dunno, that's all i could remember and that kevo was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Cremo wrote:

that dude was awesome.

That was fizzy quiz. jayzuz that was a cool show! oh so 90's! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I was in the Audience on Scratch Saturday once with a few of my mates, and after being thrown into the corner of the set by King of the Gingers, Andy Ruane, we were next to BleedinRapidKevo(tm) while he was dressed in a Robin Costume for some sketch. Even more charming, was his way with us kids "Touch f*ckin nuffin, or I'll f*ckin kills ye all". Classy guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Was that lad's name O'connell by any chance?? Something tells me it was, but I'm not 100% sure :confused:

God he was extremely annoying - how he got on so many shows is beyond me :confused:

he was owned by rté lol, he was cheap labour.

He also done a game review thingy for the Sunday World at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

He was the boy that grew up too fast. Or too slow. I can't tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

my first televisic encounter with him was the late late toy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He wrecked my head :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Oh No! look what someone uploaded
    http://rapidshare.com/files/21874581/kevo.zip.html

:eek: Looks like the images from the Photoshop days on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Kojak wrote:
    Was that lad's name O'connell by any chance?? Something tells me it was, but I'm not 100% sure :confused:

God he was extremely annoying - how he got on so many shows is beyond me :confused:

Yes it was Kevin O'Connell...gosh the memories of scratch Saturday (wasn't that after the days of grabbit and fetchit and pajo??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

I met him twice. Once a few years ago at the launch of Playstation 2 in the Redbox and once a few months ago in RiRa when Kathryn Thomas and John Aldridge and all were there as well ( think there was some charity "You're a Star" type thing on at the time) Needless to say we hassled him for the entire night both times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

bleeding remember him with gaybo on de toyshow

we should lock this tread rapidly before we turn crazy.......

wonder is he buyin a ps3:D

legs11 wrote:
    bleeding remember him with gaybo on de toyshow

we should lock this tread rapidly before we turn crazy.......

wonder is he buyin a ps3:D

Nah he already has the PS 4. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

MiniMetro wrote:
    I met him twice. Once a few years ago at the launch of Playstation 2 in the Redbox and once a few months ago in RiRa when Kathryn Thomas and John Aldridge and all were there as well ( think there was some charity "You're a Star" type thing on at the time) Needless to say we hassled him for the entire night both times.

really is in tv?

and hmm kathryn Thomas in real life

Advertisement