Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Starts off with a one hour task and new character. Nothing else new probably until after the task is completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Another community event? Too lazy to check...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Needless to say, I quite enjoyed that Guns N' Roses reference :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm thinking this new event could be addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Has anyone found a guide to where you need to be collecting wise to hit all the prizes by the close of Medieval Times?

Was very useful for the Stonecutters

http://tstotopix.me/2014/06/07/how-many-emblems-per-day/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

more land to buy, at 1 and a half million i don't think i'll be buying it soon still saving to get to the 10 million!

15 free donuts for playing clash of clones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Decent update, enjoying it so far. Unlocked Homer barbarian and barbarian Homer, but have to do a few quests to get them out of the inventory. Everything looks really cool, with some great costumes for the Simpson family. MUST HAVE THEM ALL!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Decent update, but it's freezing a lot for me and the back button doesn't work for me to exit the game any more, I have to press the home button to exit which is annoying as I can't exit properly now. This is on android, btw, Nexus 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

was crashing a lot for me on iPad mini with retina display, same with Family Guy, rebooted and everything is fine since. Not sure if it's related but worth a try.

This is definitely the most confusing event to date. I'm only getting used to things now. Annoying how unlocking things still means you have to wait to use them. And I was able to access a list of prizes from collecting gold which is now gone.

It seems very different from all other events. I kinda like it because it's so new but don't because it's confusing. Even looking on the fan sites and there's not much content about the new update. Explains the long wait between updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

there is a lot going on but i am not finding it confusing to follow, if anything im logging in more just to play it which i guess was the point,

this is the first not so boring event, where you are not disadvantaged by not having 100 friends, and fixes the problems everyone complained about with the previous events (aka no tapping eggs after eggs or having to have 100 friends to get all the prizes....etc)

Anybody know what the 'goal' of this event is? Would it have helped to have played D&D as a teenager? Instead of having a life?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm finding it rather straight forward but then it's by first event!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Ooo, have been away for a while, so only getting this update now. Orourkel is my name in the game, add if you need friends for the update or just for life (well...Simpsons life anyway)

• Advertisement

My humble opinion
    As far as I know you need to upgrade both the castles and the characters to complete most of the tasks.
    I have homer, bart and lisa but still upgrading the castles to get more nerds and to be able to place towers and gates
    It's gonna be a slow on though as you only have a few nerds to attack others and the return isn't great.

My humble opinion
    As far as I know you need to upgrade both the castles and the characters to complete most of the tasks.
    I have homer, bart and lisa but still upgrading the castles to get more nerds and to be able to place towers and gates
    It's gonna be a slow on though as you only have a few nerds to attack others and the return isn't great.
    Congratulations on the evillest post on the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I just don't get it.

Will there be any Willies at any stage I wonder? THAT'S what makes a task fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

daisy123 wrote: »
    I just don't get it.

:pac:

daisy123 wrote: »
    I just don't get it.

Jaysus, Daisy! Shtill shtone mad fer de willies?

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Am I the only one who isn't really liking this event? I appreciate the effort at trying to make something a bit different and more original than previous events but this one just feels boring and a bit all over the place for my liking.

The novelty is wearing off for me. I have about 10k in coins and it looks like it is just going to be a grind to get to 38k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Am I the only one who isn't really liking this event? I appreciate the effort at trying to make something a bit different and more original than previous events but this one just feels boring and a bit all over the place for my liking.

Same here, beginning to piss me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yeah its p1ssing me off that its just not progressing that fast for me. you cant seem to do enough damage with the few troops you get every two hours.

Any tips to speed it up other then spend doughnuts

Its lovely that you have to spend donuts to progress. :(

mrsoundie wrote: »

Do you? When? Also is anyone at the stealing premium currency bit yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

yeah I thought the same thing. Is there no way of building the walls on Bart s castle without spending donuts??

yeah I thought the same thing. Is there no way of building the walls on Bart s castle without spending donuts??

Don't they throw a few in your inventory to use? Maybe that's why they gave the free donuts at the start though.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Don't they throw a few in your inventory to use? Maybe that's why they gave the free donuts at the start though.

If anyone can figure it out that would be great, I think they caught a lot of people with this one, spending donuts in ones and two. Before long they all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

If anyone can figure it out that would be great, I think they caught a lot of people with this one, spending donuts in ones and two. Before long they all gone.

You shouldn't need to spend any donuts on castle walls and the like. So long as you upgrade your castle as you go you won't need to spend any donuts at all.

I'm on about 14500 gold now and I've completed the castle upgrades tasks so you most definitely do not need to spend donuts.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Do you? When? Also is anyone at the stealing premium currency bit yet?

I'm on it at the moment and it'll be finished tomorrow evening, looks like elixir for the reward though unless they through in some donuts on completion.

• Advertisement

Gru wrote: »
    I'm on it at the moment and it'll be finished tomorrow evening, looks like elixir for the reward though unless they through in some donuts on completion.

Just finished it this evening, you get 15 donuts when it completes.

As Gru said there's no need to spend donuts. I haven't spent any yet and I have all the castle upgrades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I think I must be hella behind then.
    I got the first castle to level 13, but not done any upgrades on the other 2 at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I gave up on the event. It's boring, slightly confusing and annoying that you can't place certain towers when you earn them. Yawn. Bring back stonecutters-style events :D

rawn wrote: »
    I gave up on the event. It's boring, slightly confusing and annoying that you can't place certain towers when you earn them. Yawn. Bring back stonecutters-style events :D

I want snakes. That come out of eggs. To whack!

I like an event where I can work up a good sweat!

:pac:

Getting bored of this now.
    Very few tasks for the new characters to do
    Just sending nerd off to attack castles

I'm liking this event, purely because I might actually get all the rewards. Whacking day and things like easter did my nut in! It's a shame there's no really cool rewards though.

Gru wrote: »
    I'm liking this event, purely because I might actually get all the rewards. Whacking day and things like easter did my nut in! It's a shame there's no really cool rewards though.
    There are three feckin' castles!!!

:D

Haha well yes there are :pac: what I'm getting at is I never got shary bobbins out of the easter update and here I am actually doing well for once and there's nothing like her at the end. :(

Where for art thou shary bobbins!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Hey there! Long time player/occasional poster!

Got the OH addicted, and he needs a few neighbours! Username: al-cof213

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

How are so many people on like 20000 gold already. Loads of my friends have ridiculous amounts of gold. I still haven't hit 4000 and every time I log back in after sending my nerds off I get things like 11 gold as a reward. Not many people attacking my town either.

What am I doing wrong?

The best strategy appears to be (at least from my experience) is to attack as many towns as possible and only use 1 nerd per building. Plus if you attack late in the evening most attacks will only last ~10 hours and most people wont defend thus you receive maximum gold/elixir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Thanks - I was wondering if it would be better to just set one nerd on every person. I'll give it a try and see.

Not sure about this update though - it's a bit slow or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

I'm only attacking with 1 nerd as well.

You get more gold for attacking the castles rather than houses so try aim for them. Attacking friends is not a good strategy as they have lower gold points so stick to attacking random people.

Also check to see what the towns inhabitants are doing. If they are at long tasks chances are you can destroy a house if you allocate a few nerds.
    If you decide to use up all your 5 attacks on one town and the castles are all gone, pick more memorable targets like the pumpkin house. More likely to get a revenge attack then

I put 1 nerd per house and maximum nerds on every castle I come across to bring it down to a four hour defense time during the day. Late at night I'll bring it down to 6-7 hours. If only a few work it pays off. With over 60 nerds every two hours I don't have the patience to use one nerd on everything as it takes too long with all the load screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

32000 gold with 3 weeks to go. Will finally complete an update. Not much of a challenge

Made it to the final items this morning and all ive left to go for is more elixir... sigh I was hoping for donuts. :(

Only past 15000
    Must be attacking wrong

Very poor update, haven't seen any new tasks in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

^^ yeah I must be doing something very wrong, Gold is not climbing fast enough and I've followed the advice here.
    Granted maybe you just get unlucky with people stopping your attacks.

Meh either which way, not a stonecutters event!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Nearly worked up to Marge, playing this update slowly! Enjoying it so far, but is there any free donut possibilities around the place? I finished a huge questline for bart and lisa in the stonecutters update, and I got 15 donuts, not to mention many more. Check out my castle set ups: username: danny01605

• Advertisement
Advertisement