Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake tan for holidays

• 10-08-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice for what tan to take on holidY with me.

I brought a gel one with me to Tenerife a few years ago and helped me not look too pale next to everyone else who got to stay two weeks :)

I'll obv be out at night so any of cocoa brown and fake bake overnight ones are out.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

ArtyC wrote: »

I brought a gel one with me to Tenerife a few years ago and helped me not look too pale next to everyone else who got to stay two weeks :)

I'll obv be out at night so any of cocoa brown and fake bake overnight ones are out.

Cheers

What about garnier summer body? It's a daily gradual moisturiser and can be applied in the morning. Doesn't smell bad at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Would the tan not come off in the pool, sea or on the beach? I'm curious myself as I'm deathly pale and usually use dove moisturiser for a bit of colour but this year I'll have to get into the pool with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

The chlorine in the pool can affect it I think but not the sea as much. I plan the be at the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

You only need go leave cocoa brown on for an hour, if you'll have that long.
    Personally I love mixing Sally Hansen with a moisturizer it'll give a nice glow but not be too heavy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Cheers

I have no idea about fake tan as I'm a guy but make sure your using loads of sun cream as certain fake tans can increase photosensitivity.

• Advertisement

Oh I'll be using sun cream!! :)

I don't want to spend an hour in the Cocoa Brown. I use it all the time at home. Just something to put on and be done with it. Maybe once or twice on the hols. Don't really want a gradual tanner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

Oh I'll be using sun cream!! :)

I don't want to spend an hour in the Cocoa Brown. I use it all the time at home. Just something to put on and be done with it. Maybe once or twice on the hols. Don't really want a gradual tanner

try the light sun shimmer tan.. just dont get in the pool with it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My favourite gradual tanner is one by Vichy. You can get it here. It's a bit expensive considering the size of it (wish it came in a bigger size!), but it gives such a natural colour and lasts for ages! I like the Dove one too but I find the colour fades in a few days. The Vichy one lasts on me for about a week without any need for a top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Another guy here so can't answer the question but if you wear fake tan you won't pick up a natural tan underneath it.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Another guy here so can't answer the question but if you wear fake tan you won't pick up a natural tan underneath it.

:confused:

• Advertisement

ryanf1 wrote: »

I???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Lia_lia wrote: »
    :confused:
    I???

I don't think you will get a real tan when you have the fake stuff on you.

^ Why not? That does not make any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

I'd use a gradual tan my favourite is st tropez :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Lia_lia wrote: »
    My favourite gradual tanner is one by Vichy. You can get it here. It's a bit expensive considering the size of it (wish it came in a bigger size!), but it gives such a natural colour and lasts for ages! I like the Dove one too but I find the colour fades in a few days. The Vichy one lasts on me for about a week without any need for a top up.

would this last long if your going in the pool? need a fake tan too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

over the years I have gone through fair share of trying fake tan - expensive to cheap brands the works ! The one I constantly go back to and only using now is would you believe the Garnier Summer body gradual tan ( always on offer in Dunnes or Boots) . Just works best for my skin and not too FAKE ! Just give nice glow to arms and chest that's not too obvious and top it up every couple of days for that even glow !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Farlo19

Gradual tan is definitely the way to go - I absolutely LOVE the cocoa brown one, (Gentle Bronze?) it gives such a nice even colour and wears really well. I have tried pretty much every gradual tanner over the years and this one is my favourite by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Farlo19 wrote: »
    Gradual tan is definitely the way to go - I absolutely LOVE the cocoa brown one, (Gentle Bronze?) it gives such a nice even colour and wears really well. I have tried pretty much every gradual tanner over the years and this one is my favourite by far.

would it last in the sea/pool tho??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Farlo19

would it last in the sea/pool tho??

Yea I'm pretty sure it would! If you reapply every evening or so it definitely would. The main reason I like the Cocoa Brown one is because it wears so well (and doesn't go all patchy when wearing off)

Advertisement