Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marking Scheme for DP interview

Options
  • 07-06-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Does anybody know how the marking scheme for a DP interview works? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Primary or secondary, voluntary or state??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 babybaby2014

Voluntary secondary School?

I suppose I'm just wondering really if people within the school currently have a greater chance of success at interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

In our school it would come down to whether the principal wants to work with you or not.
    Simple as.

In our school it would come down to whether the principal wants to work with you or not.
    Simple as.

How does that work then in the interview situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

Interviews are held to keep everything above board.
    Board of management/interview panel are made aware of who he/she wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Pwpane

Principal is your professional referee and is also a member of the interview board.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I suppose I'm just wondering really if people within the school currently have a greater chance of success at interview?

Being honest, it can work for and against you so I wouldn't worry. Main thing is that you're suitable and have a good reference and track record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Pwpane wrote: »
    Principal is your professional referee and is also a member of the interview board.

Principal isn't always a member of the interview board...ours wasn't when the last DP was appointed !!

Advertisement