Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool song from 90s alcohol advert

Options
  • 13-02-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I remember seeing an ad in the mid to late 90s where a guy who has a new job somewhere and has to get a boat to where ever the job is. He decides to stay and jumps off the boat and swims back to the shore and into a bar and gets a drink, it suggests the only reason he stays is for the drink and the lifestyle of wherever he is. I always thought it was for bacardi but have been unable to track it down.
    The reason i remember it and want to find it again is for the cool song on the ad. The song is basically a bass line repeated, it reminds me a bit of "phat planet" by Leftfield (the guiness ad with the surfer) also "atom bomb" by Fluke or that type of 90s dance music.
    I know this is a bit of a long shot but i have been looking for this ad for ages and cannot find it anywhere.
    I look forward to hearing from anyone.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 danger_here

Google is your friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thank you! Thats been driving me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

The actor who plays the dj is in the most recent series of The Walking Dead, Jeff Kober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭metrosity

It's only retro now because it's older and better but I love 'Nalin & Kane - Beachball' - was like the disco theme to my mildly youthful inebriated, and slightly stoned etherful youth of better times, times before this country became the braindead D4 ridden bootlicker nest it is now.

Advertisement