Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Facelifted Skoda Superb

Options
  • 05-04-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

While no oil painting the arse certainly is better...

13090774941468788242.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Doesn't look much different bar the lip on the bonnet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Nice cars. This would be the car I'd buy if I could afford a new car in that price range

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

MarkR wrote: »
    Doesn't look much different bar the lip on the bonnet?

Every panel from the A Pillar forward is actually new.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i like that, looks very "normal" for a modern car. i always thought the mk1 looked good too.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 166 ✭✭Cash is king

I have seen several pictures of the supposedly facelift but nothing definite as yet. I hope the new taillights are LED.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Got pricing on the facelifted model today, and it's good news.

Generally the price has come down across the range. Looks like Skoda have been given access to the latest tech from the VAG stable so big emissions drops. Largest savings are on the hatch 170 manual models where emissions are down from 149g to 120g.

No news on equipment, or when they'll arrive in to Ireland. Elegance seems to have gone up a bit in price depsite emissions drops, so may be coming with even more standard equipment. 4x4 now available with the 170 engine & DSG, with emissions of only 149g.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

That thing make a toyota look like an exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Matthewjohn

It hardly looks bland in comparison to most Toyotas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Dropping an Avensis nose first from a transporter plane into the sandy beaches of desert island in the Caribbean sea,with Gisele bundchen driving with a parrot on her shoulder and a boot full of bounty bars wouldn't make a toyota look exotic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

tossy wrote: »
    Dropping an Avensis nose first from a transporter plane into the sandy beaches of desert island in the Caribbean sea,with Gisele bundchen driving with a parrot on her shoulder and a boot full of bounty bars wouldn't make a toyota look exotic.

Agreed, but parking a skoda next to a toyota would still make the toyota look exotic.

skoda dealers throw in free multipacks of dunnes own-brand digestives as deal sweeteners for ****s sakes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If my wife's arse was that dropped I'd trade her in I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That car was made to be an estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

If my wife's arse was that dropped I'd trade her in I reckon.

What would you do with her if it looked like the old one :eek:

Skoda_superb_37_1024x768.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

While no oil painting the arse certainly is better...

13090774941468788242.jpg

Looks like an Audi A4 boot on the Saloon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I had a saloon version (pre this face lift) as a rental for a couple of weeks last month. It really is built to be an estate, the saloon looks completely wrong! Really ugly monstrosity of a car, I felt ridiculous in it... and judging by those pics, it doesn't look much better post face lift. I did see a well kitted out estate on the road recently though and it looked so much better.

Strangely, even though the car is massive in terms of length (the back seats were so far back, they could have been in the car behind) - up front, it doesn't feel much roomier than an average hatchback. And for a new, 131-D car, it felt fairly old-tech... the dash, materials, etc, looked and felt like those from a Passat of 7-8 years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

Not a bad car but the name is a turnoff, how about skoda smug

Advertisement