Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

York Multi Purpose Gloves (Medium) - NOW €2.99 [Argos]

Options
  • 10-01-2011 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭

For all you potential Schwarzeneggers!

31-3002036MSA73UC644065X.jpg
    Buy it @ Argos
    Neoprene gloves with half fingers, reinforced palms and Velcro fastening.
    Ideal for biking, sailing, diving, weight lifting, gardening and DIY.
    Washable.
    Adult size 9 to 9.5.

I picked these up and they're a cracking buy for €3.99 - stops you getting blisters when lifting barbells etc.

And if you don't use it for weights, fingerless gloves NEVER go out of fashion - right.. RIGHT!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Was going to buy these for the wife for a small add on Christmas pressie, at the time they were something like €8.99, they were a bargain at that price but at €3.99 you cant go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Believe me, they're great quality for the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Got these today great set of gloves and can't go wrong for €3.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

basquille wrote: »
    Believe me, they're great quality for the money!

Would they leave a mark on someone's face or would you be safe enough? I need a new pair of "make me a sammich" gloves...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

mad m wrote: »
    Was going to buy these for the wife for a small add on Christmas pressie, at the time they were something like €8.99, they were a bargain at that price but at €3.99 you cant go wrong.

Who said Romance is dead!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

brightkane wrote: »
    Who said Romance is dead!:D:D:D

Haha...When your married over 12 years its never dead.....

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

good stuff. try to order one for myself. thank you for the infos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

mad m wrote: »
    Haha...When your married over 12 years its never dead.....

I'm married 13 years and it died a long time ago..........

Thanks for the tip OP. I was looking for a pair of these gloves that were recommended to me by a mate who also flys rc planes like I do. Ordinary gloves are a no no when it comes to controlling a plane using the joysticks on the transmitter (try playing with an xbox or ps3 game controller using gloves and you'll know what I mean) but not wearing gloves will soon get you frostbite in this weather so these fingerless gloves will do nicely.

I've been using these gloves for the past two weeks in the gym. They're great. Quite comfortable, light and very open in their design, so you don't end up sweating too much wearing them.

I'm married 13 years and it died a long time ago..........

Thanks for the tip OP. I was looking for a pair of these gloves that were recommended to me by a mate who also flys rc planes like I do. Ordinary gloves are a no no when it comes to controlling a plane using the joysticks on the transmitter (try playing with an xbox or ps3 game controller using gloves and you'll know what I mean) but not wearing gloves will soon get you frostbite in this weather so these fingerless gloves will do nicely.

You'll freeze in these gloves! They won't hold any heat at all. Aside from he palm, the only other bit of your hand covered is about half an inch at the top of each finger, and a bit across the wrist. The back of your hand, and vast majority of your fingers are exposed. You'll be numb!

I would however, recommend these cycling gloves;

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/0361024/Trail/searchtext%3ECYCLING+GLOVES.htm

They're not as cheap, but they're good. They have a very light stretchy material on the back, so your hands do get warm, and wont freeze, but you also wont end up with sweaty hands either as a little breeze gets through.

I use them for when I'm out in the cold weather with the camera.

EDIT; Also, the York gloves look nothing like the Argos picture. They're a smooth black, foamy material (neoprene).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Damn, was in argos today couldn't find this thread of the gloves in the catalouge :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Now €2.99. Seems to be further reductions on a lot of the clearance items now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

i was going to buy these but the york pull up bar is sold out.

so waiting for that to come in they said it will be in for the next catalog.

which is ages away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

for anyone looking to use these for lifting weights just use chalk ye big sissies!!!!!

For those looking for fingerless gloves you would probably be better getting ordinary gloves and cutting off the fingers on the fingers you need proper mobility for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Thanks OP. Picked up a pair today for €2.99. Very flexible they are too. Work fantastic with weights.

Advertisement