Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil filter

• 02-01-2010 4:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi I have a 2006 ford fiesta van tdci 1.4 and have silly questions :D

Where exactly is the oil filter(cartrige) located? and why dont ford just use a normal oil filter like most cars? Is there any advantage of the oil cartridge instead of a standard one.

Hope that made sense and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭anon11

Cheaper to make. Its down near the radiator on the rhs as your looking in.. Just over the gearbox:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Better for the environment, too. A lot of manufacturers have switched to cartridges.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

Is that the dome type cylinder with a 25mm hex top on it?

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks i know what the filter looks like just looking for the housing for it to slip into. Think I have it sorted now its midways down engine rhs as stated above. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

These are from the 1.6 hdi engine which should be much the same as
    your 1.4 diesel fiesta....:)
    Ron.

Sep-Oct08068.jpg
    Sep-Oct08067.jpg

Thanks thats the dome/housing type thing i taught it was. Thanks alot for the replys. :D:)

My W124 Merc 1992 had a cartridge filter, makes an oil and filter change an almost clean job if you're careful.

Advertisement