Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Biggest Fan

Options
  • 29-08-2014 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

MPFG is the biggest fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

fatguyinspandex.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,593 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've got something similar to this (mine is described as an "industrial" one and is quite a bit more expensive, although it's effectiveness is probably not much if any better than the one I linked)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Something like this?

http://www.bigassfans.com/products/yellow-jacket/

Or if you have high ceilings :-)

http://www.bigassfans.com/products/airgo/

2.4m diameter, optional misting system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Or, and I'm just throwing it out there, open de winda a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Or, and I'm just throwing it out there, open de winda a bit?

Doesn't really work too well. The sweat be rolling off you without moving air to cool you down.

Raam wrote: »
    Doesn't really work too well. The sweat be rolling off you without moving air to cool you down.

But air can move in through an open window, can't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    But air can move in through an open window, can't it?

Stop it.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Stop it.

I was being genuine in my point. It's cheap. Granted if it is not windy out then it don't work so well but sure you can cycle outside then!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,593 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

MIne is 18" and I never need it on anything other than the lowest setting. You probably could do with something that you can move and tilt, and I put mine on a kitchen trolley as you ideally need it at head height - set up is shown in this post

I guess if you want to replicate the feeling of cycling into gale force winds without havng to put the effort in then that would probably do it. I am sure you would get more than enough ventilation out of that from a fair distance.

I'm fortunate in that I can put a gym above the garage and therequite a distance to the neighbours, but something like that would be very noisy, and possibly even the lowest setting would be too much. So yes, in my view that would be massive overkill (although I have never tried anything remotely approaching that - as I've said I've never felt the need to use the 18" one I have beyond its lowest setting)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

I have one of these overhead in my shed, use it all the time when training.
    Makes intervals slightly easier, have it on the highest setting whenever its switched on.

http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/desk-portable-fans/7001439/

Advertisement