Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling club/training for starting off

Options
  • 29-08-2014 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi everyone, was just wondering if there are any cycle clubs or even just boardsies who go for shortish training spins in the evenings? I'm hoping to cycle a bit more but want to start off slowly-maybe spins 10-15k. I'm based near pearse street and have a decent hybrid

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Wizardej wrote: »
    Hi everyone, was just wondering if there are any cycle clubs or even just boardsies who go for shortish training spins in the evenings? I'm hoping to cycle a bit more but want to start off slowly-maybe spins 10-15k. I'm based near pearse street and have a decent hybrid

Cheers

I'd suggest avoiding "training spins" at the start.
    I suggest you try and get your mileage up a bit more before thinking of joining a club, unless the club has a specific group for people starting off, or find someone else starting out. And get up on Strava, track your progress.
    TBH clubs' people could be cycling 10-15km just to meet up.

I though I was brilliant being able to do 25km when I went out with a group for the first time. They said they'd do a handy spin from Blarney to Kinsale via Bandon seeing as it was my first time. I nearly sh*t myself, and bailed after about 30km of agony, and they going very handy to mind me. Reckon they couldnt wait to see the back of me that morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭12 sprocket

Wizardej wrote: »

Cheers

Look up orwell wheelers site, they are, based in dundrum

Advertisement