Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

amiable wrote: »
    AVB is going to want to put his stamp on the team.

Watching Chelsea last saturday wasn't too much different to last season IMO.

I agree amiable but to be fair the team last sat had no new faces, was the same as last year with same problems. Chelsea need new players to mix things up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I agree amiable but to be fair the team last sat had no new faces, was the same as last year with same problems. Chelsea need new players to mix things up a bit
    Exactly. He'll want to freshen things up:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

smuckers wrote: »
    17 mil according to Telegraph.

For Pariera.

If modric comes too, that takes spending to £200m since the rturn of teh year, nit including money spent on compensation for carlo and AVB. Extraordinary.

Roman will expect big results. That will surely be the spending over with for the next few years, even he must have his limits, not to mention FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    AVB is going to want to put his stamp on the team.

Watching Chelsea last saturday wasn't too much different to last season IMO.

True, Chelsea looked a bit leggy and short of ideas.

One thing I am factoring in though is we played Stoke away, very difficult to get anything and West Brom at home, who after scoring early we're going pack midfield in park the bus and truth be told we're unlucky not to nick points from us and Man Utd so after a few games we can judge this team and system and coaching more in-depth.

Im happy with 4 points anyway. Performance is a different matter but points are all that counts really but we can build on the performance hopefully and add a few players and as you said, AVB team can evolve from the ashes of the Chelsea team from the last few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Nah we'll still need to spend more in the next couple of years. Right Back off the top of my head, unless there's one in the reserves who I can't think of.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Nah we'll still need to spend more in the next couple of years. Right Back off the top of my head, unless there's one in the reserves who I can't think of.

bosingwa looks a man reborn under AVB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

flahavaj wrote: »
    For Pariera.

If modric comes too, that takes spending to £200m since the rturn of teh year, nit including money spent on compensation for carlo and AVB. Extraordinary.

Roman will expect big results. That will surely be the spending over with for the next few years, even he must have his limits, not to mention FFP.

Yeah, you mentioned it before!
    But yes, its a whole new team. Which we need to be fair.
    I think he backed off a bit to see if the kids were going to be any good and whilst there is one or 2, still not enough to mount a credible challenge.

IMO, we have got good value of the original splurge.
    3 titles, various cups and a miss kick away from the CL

Yeah I think he might have a good season but he'll be thirty next season and we'll need to replace him in the next couple of years.

If we get modric and pereira (sp) then it would not suprise me if we had a large clear out before the window closes, yossi, kalou, fereira would be top of that list

With Bran and Bosingwa we should be ok for at least 3 years. Luiz can play there too so thats an option.

Hutchinson would have been a great prospect if he wasnt forced to retire at such a young age. :(

• Advertisement

:o forgot about Luiz.

Still wouldn't mind if we had somebody like PVA or Bertrand for right back.

:o forgot about Luiz.

Still wouldn't mind if we had somebody like PVA or Bertrand for right back.

How could ya forget about our best player :D

Wait till hes back to match fitness, he'll replace Alex who looked shakey against WBA, or he could replace Torres and just give him a free role to do what he wants, he seems to do that anyway, the nutter. :P

Ya, we are blessed with 2 good prospects at LB, thats always a good thing.

gavredking wrote: »
    How could ya forget about our best player :D

Wait till hes back to match fitness, he'll replace Alex who looked shakey against WBA, or he could replace Torres and just give him a free role to do what he wants, he seems to do that anyway, the nutter. :P

Ya, we are blessed with 2 good prospects at LB, thats always a good thing.

Oh come on! One man cannot take on the entire Manchester Utd team, you are clearly deluded! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzYwxjw9mQY&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

For Pariera.

the way I would be looking at it tho is that he has bought youth, players that will not have an immediate impact on the first team for a year or two, so this makes me think he would have sanctioned their purchases with the realization that we might not win anything this year, but we would be setup very well for the years after this!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    the way I would be looking at it tho is that he has bought youth, players that will not have an immediate impact on the first team for a year or two, so this makes me think he would have sanctioned their purchases with the realization that we might not win anything this year, but we would be setup very well for the years after this!

We'll spend as much as Roman wants to and not a penny more!

I fully expect us to try again for Neymar and others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

any know if its true that we signed a young mexican midfielder ulises davila?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

299042_238405179533843_122326564475039_635857_5497515_n.jpg

299042_238405179533843_122326564475039_635857_5497515_n.jpg

Thats part of the next 10 years sorted right there, manager included hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Reserves are 1-0 up at Bolton. Josh scored.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Reserves ended up a 1-0 win for us ,

Sam Hutchinson played the full 90 , there is a bit about what he is up to in the match report.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TheReservesNews/0,,10268~2429911,00.html

Genk won on penalties there, if we sign De Bruyene and send him straight back on loan it will be good that he will be getting some Champions League experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Heard a rumour that Mata was brought in to especially to teach kalouda how to cross a ball....this kinda proves it :p

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/stars/starskills/video/videoid=894046.html?autoplay=true

seems like a real humble guy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Pretty devastating news for the lad :(

aphillip14 Adam Phillip
    Told by the surgeon that he will operate on me tmrw...but told me I'm out for upto 12-18 months. Not feeling good right now ☹

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Pretty devastating news for the lad :(

aphillip14 Adam Phillip
    Told by the surgeon that he will operate on me tmrw...but told me I'm out for upto 12-18 months. Not feeling good right now ☹

Poor auld sod. Nothing worse.

• Advertisement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2029391/Tottenham-reject-30m-offer-Luka-Modric-Chelsea.html

A stand off on the horizon ,

If he really wants to go he will now have to show his hand and put in an official transfer request or refuse to play for spurs.

Levy will loose too much face if he back down now and the outcome is now all upon Modric's shoulders.

Even if he does end up sold Levy will come out of this looking well as the player will have forced the move through and they will have gotten top $ for him.

From a Porto supporter Re Pereira

"Hi everyone. I'm a Porto supporter, and even though I haven't posted in a long time I'm not new on the forum. I seem to somehow pop in every few years... At least every time you hire our manager!...

Anyway, to the point - I thought you could benefit from my input here, because I see a lot of confusion.

In 2 seasons of Porto (including under AVB) not once has Alvaro Pereira played in a position other than Left Back. He does sometimes play as a left midfielder for Uruguay, but under a different system. In Porto's or Chelsea's 4-3-3 (very similar) he can only work as a left back. Playing him in Malouda's position would make as much sense as playing Ashley Cole there... Playing him in the midfield trio makes even less sense. (and playing him on the right makes no sense at all!...)

So if this is true (which I'm in no position to confirm), I honestly don't understand it. He's terrific, that's not the question. Whether he's better than Cole or not is a matter of opinion. But why Chelsea would be willing to spend 30 million euros on an alternative to Cole, I can't imagine...

As for actual information I have - I know there has been "something", there were at least contacts about him and Moutinho. I'm not sure if there was a serious bid or not. I also have information that Porto does not negotiate with Chelsea this year. Release clauses only. So the price is 30 million euros (40 for Moutinho). And that's basically all I know."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2029391/Tottenham-reject-30m-offer-Luka-Modric-Chelsea.html

If he really wants to go he will now have to show his hand and put in an official transfer request or refuse to play for spurs.

Levy will loose too much face if he back down now and the outcome is now all upon Modric's shoulders.

Even if he does end up sold Levy will come out of this looking well as the player will have forced the move through and they will have gotten top $ for him.

Wierd situation, if his head is too messed up to play last night then surely better to get rid and give themselves a chance to spend the few bob they get in?

Wierd situation, if his head is too messed up to play last night then surely better to get rid and give themselves a chance to spend the few bob they get in?

He will need to force the move , simple as , It should be all sorted by Thursday , If Arry plays him, then he cant play CL football for us in the group stages.

At least it will be put to bed soon.

One thing that I do find weird is when Arry said the chairman will look at a new contract for him in a month or two , if they want to keep him then why not lay the cards on the table now .

Telegraph also says that Moutinho or Meireles are the two main alternatives if we don't get Modric.

Also

Telegraph has an interesting snippet hidden away under the Pereira story

http://www.telegraph...-uncertain.html

"However, Spurs are understood to have informed Modric that if he does not make himself available for the City game this weekend then he cannot join up with the Croatian national team. Croatia have crucial Euro 2012 qualifiers away to Malta and at home to Israel next month with Modric desperate to play for his country. "

Yep - thats blackmail!

I dont see how they can do that and sounds like ****e to me as clubs have to release players for int duty

Personally i cant call it either way

• Advertisement

He will need to force the move , simple as , It should be all sorted by Thursday , If Arry plays him, then he cant play CL football for us in the group stages.

At least it will be put to bed soon.

One thing that I do find weird is when Arry said the chairman will look at a new contract for him in a month or two , if they want to keep him then why not lay the cards on the table now .

I often think people pay too much hed to a player being cup tied for a few games. Surely if ye want the guy that badly it wouldn't really matter if he was cup tied in Europe for a few games? Ye can surely manage without him for the group stages. He's not being signed for the next three months, its for the next five years or more? Ye'd have him available for the business end of the CL, when it really matters.

Ye signed Luiz even though he was cup tied in January.

We should be able to get through without him, but we need him a lot more than we needed Luiz.

Telegraph also says that Moutinho or Meireles are the two main alternatives if we don't get Modric.

Also

"However, Spurs are understood to have informed Modric that if he does not make himself available for the City game this weekend then he cannot join up with the Croatian national team. Croatia have crucial Euro 2012 qualifiers away to Malta and at home to Israel next month with Modric desperate to play for his country. "

Yep - thats blackmail!

I dont see how they can do that and sounds like ****e to me as clubs have to release players for int duty

Well if he declares himself "injured" ala monday night then they are within there rites to stop him going I think.

He needs to Man up , take the slack from the fans , get a few Jerseys burnt with his name on it and get on with getting his transfer done and dusted.

I often think people pay too much hed to a player being cup tied for a few games. Surely if ye want the guy that badly it wouldn't really matter if he was cup tied in Europe for a few games? Ye can surely manage without him for the group stages. He's not being signed for the next three months, its for the next five years or more? Ye'd have him available for the business end of the CL, when it really matters.

Ye signed Luiz even though he was cup tied in January.

True , it could be the transfer saga of the Christmas window , I think if we after him its best to get him now .

Get him settled into the system and squad. I think if we dont get him by thursday thats the end of the deal , we will go for another player and the deal will dead in the water and spurs left with one very unhappy players, consequently it will have been the players fault for not forcing the clubs hand.

At this stage I would like to point out I dont agree in the principle of a player holding a club to ransom, but unlike a lot of footballers Modric seems a pretty decent lad albeit somewhat silly in taking levys word on the transfer to the bigger club and not getting it in his contract.

Cant see why the lad would lie about it .

True , it could be the transfer saga of the Christmas window , I think if we after him its best to get him now .

Get him settled into the system and squad. I think if we dont get him by thursday thats the end of the deal , we will go for another player and the deal will dead in the water and spurs left with one very unhappy players, consequently it will have been the players fault for not forcing the clubs hand.

I think ye should plough on with the deal even if he plays in the EL on Thursday. Just play him in domestic games until January. Ye can surely get out of a CL grouop without him, no harm done in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Because we have better cards, simply a ploy. Whatever Spurs wage cap is Modric should be earning it as he is far an away there best player. Don't really think he is moving to us for money alone (it obviously comes into it), he could have moved after Spurs qualified for the CL but he didn't, gave them a chance but more than ever it looks like they will slide down the pecking order in the top 6. A player of his quality should be challenging for top honours and he just can't do that at Spurs.

Also

Yep - thats blackmail!

Levy really is an insufferable príck, obviously he should try to hold onto his best players but he is doing it in a way that will alienate Modric even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

this is my worry about the Pereira deal come to light...

Ryan Bertrand retweeted SkySports link about the possible move, then tweeted the following...

"ryanbertrand3 Ryan Bertrand
    Talent only flourishes with opportunity. Opportunity only arises with stability..."

This worries me, him and PVA should be given the chance to fight for the back-up left back spot, we dont need another unhappy back-up for big money!

Ryan Bertrand retweeted SkySports link about the possible move, then tweeted the following...

Talent only flourishes with opportunity. Opportunity only arises with stability..."

This worries me, him and PVA should be given the chance to fight for the back-up left back spot, we dont need another unhappy back-up for big money!

While I agree with Ryan, the young guys should be given a chance, he should have avoided throwing it up on Twitter.

Weird considering that Pereira is a left back, that some rags have Malouda being shipped off to Juve if he comes!

Some rag also reckons that Lukaku will be off on loan to Stoke in Jan

Now Levy is back, hopefully it will all become clearer this week about Modric.

"Luka Modric almost ran me over outside #THFC's training centre this morning. So he's here, but he's not training with his team-mates..."

Dominic Fifield.

Slobodan Rajkovic's gone to Hamburg.
    Shame looked a really decent player

Hamburg have announced the signing of defender Slobodan Rajkovic from Chelsea on a four-year deal.
    The Serbia international moved to Stamford Bridge in 2007, but did not live up to expectations and failed to make a first-team start.
    Rajkovicspacer.gif was consequently loaned out to PSV Eindhoven,spacer.gifFC Twentespacer.gif and Vitesse Arnhem before Chelseaspacer.gif decided he could leave on a permanent basis this summer.
    And former Chelsea director Frank Arnesen, who now works at Hamburg,spacer.gif has as a result taken the opportunity to end the 22-year-old's disappointing time in England.
    It was revealed on Tuesday Rajkovic was set to follow former Chelsea colleagues Michael Mancienne, Gokhan Tore, Jacopo Sala and Jeffrey Bruma to Hamburg.
    And after a poor start to the season, which has earned just one point from three games, Hamburg boss Michael Oenning hopes the deal will prove productive.
    "He is tall and an uncomfortable opponent who can scare other players," said Oenning.
    "He is bringing a quality we do not have and we need right now. On top of that he is left footed."

• Advertisement

Slobodan Rajkovic's gone to Hamburg.
    Shame looked a really decent player

Hamburg have announced the signing of defender Slobodan Rajkovic from Chelsea on a four-year deal.
    The Serbia international moved to Stamford Bridge in 2007, but did not live up to expectations and failed to make a first-team start.
    Rajkovicspacer.gif was consequently loaned out to PSV Eindhoven,spacer.gifFC Twentespacer.gif and Vitesse Arnhem before Chelseaspacer.gif decided he could leave on a permanent basis this summer.
    And former Chelsea director Frank Arnesen, who now works at Hamburg,spacer.gif has as a result taken the opportunity to end the 22-year-old's disappointing time in England.
    It was revealed on Tuesday Rajkovic was set to follow former Chelsea colleagues Michael Mancienne, Gokhan Tore, Jacopo Sala and Jeffrey Bruma to Hamburg.
    And after a poor start to the season, which has earned just one point from three games, Hamburg boss Michael Oenning hopes the deal will prove productive.
    "He is tall and an uncomfortable opponent who can scare other players," said Oenning.
    "He is bringing a quality we do not have and we need right now. On top of that he is left footed."

What is it it with hamburg and Chelsea players?

Wasn't that lad on your books for 4 years or something but never played a game due to work permite issues? Madness.

He couldn't secure a work permit.

What is it it with hamburg and Chelsea players?

Wasn't that lad on your books for 4 years or something but never played a game due to work permite issues? Madness.

Frank Arnesen.

Ya gotta love Arnesen taking the chelsea lads over there, hope they get some game time and wish them well in the future.

I wonder what the story was with the work permit, if any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'd say Sneijder is dying to leave Inter now Eto'o has gone. Reckon ye could get him if ye put in a offer similar to what ye were offering for Modders. Maybe he's too old for ye, but Jesus, ye'd had a frightfully strong team if ye got him and Torres started banging them in!

Regarding Pereirra, I think he'd be a very good buy. He was excellent for Uruguay in the Copa on the wing, maybe AVB is getting him in to boost ye're wide options?

I can't understand why Chelsea haven't gone from Sneijder tbh. He'd be a perfect fit for your current formation and could play th rle in behind Torres that Gerrard did with such success at Liverpool.

If anything Modric >>>> United and Sneijder >>>>> Chelsea makes far more sense than the rumours that have been around all Summer, given the way both team line up.

Torres

Mata
    Sturridge

Sneijder

----Ramires
    Essien/Mikel

would be very hard to stop IMHO. Ye would be more likely to pay his wages than united too.

I can't understand why Chelsea haven't gone from Sneijder tbh. He'd be a perfect fit for your current formation and could play th rle in behind Torres that Gerrard did with such success at Liverpool.

If anything Modric >>>> United and Sneijder >>>>> Chelsea makes far more sense than the rumours that have been around all Summer, given the way both team line up.

Torres

Mata
    Sturridge

Sneijder

----Ramires
    Essien/Mikel

would be very hard to stop IMHO. Ye would be more likely to pay his wages than united too.

It probably is his wages.
    We do seem to be trying to bring down the wage bill as part of the FF Rules, mad as it sounds, the days of 150k will be over once Terry and Co move on. Younger players = lower wages. Plus he would disrupt all that.
    I'm not sold on him anyway, had one good season by the looks of it and the other plus is how the Man U thread would implode!

It probably is his wages.
    We do seem to be trying to bring down the wage bill as part of the FF Rules, mad as it sounds, the days of 150k will be over once Terry and Co move on. Younger players = lower wages. Plus he would disrupt all that.
    I'm not sold on him anyway, had one good season by the looks of it and the other plus is how the Man U thread would implode!

I thanked you because of the Man U thread imploding comment, quality. :P

I'd love Sneijder though, but not for his wages, hes on crazy money at Inter. With a week left in the market I'd say we are not in for him anyway but as ya can tell from the Mata deal we can still keep some secrets.

One thing about the FFP, our current highest earners, Anelka, Drogba, Lamps, Terry, Torres, next year we wont or I dont expect us to have Anelka and Drogba so bringing in Modric/Sneijder wont impact too much once they dont want crazy money.

If ya want to look at it one way, its a weird one when Man City havent gone in for him and lumped on Nasri instead, maybe Sneijder has no interest in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Got given out to last night by a half-cut certain former member of the forum last night. For not mentioning him. Vanity.

So here it is. Our long-lost Chelsea Rottweiler and undisputed king Keyboard Ninja who must remain nameless says "hi" to all in the forum and all that. Everyone will know who I'm talking about. hahaha.

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    Got given out to last night by a half-cut certain former member of the forum last night. For not mentioning him. Vanity.

So here it is. Our long-lost Chelsea Rottweiler and undisputed king Keyboard Ninja who must remain nameless says "hi" to all in the forum and all that. Everyone will know who I'm talking about. hahaha.

Ye are an inspidid and toothless lot without him tbh.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement