Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Layinghen wrote: »
    Last Ryanair flight I was on was a 2 hour flight and we landed half an hour ahead of schedule:eek: One of these days they will land before they are due to take off!

On the opposite scale last Ryanair flight I as on was 6 hours late - response to queries at Stansted gate "Don't ask for vouchers, they won't give you any". For the first few hours we were being told that it was unlikely we would get out that night (Friday), Saturday was booked up so Sunday morning was the earliest we would get home. Luckily they conjured up a plane from somewhere and we got there 6 hours late. Obviously no compensation as the 'technical problems' were outside of FR's responsibility.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

opa01_2000 wrote: »
    On the opposite scale last Ryanair flight I as on was 6 hours late - response to queries at Stansted gate "Don't ask for vouchers, they won't give you any". For the first few hours we were being told that it was unlikely we would get out that night (Friday), Saturday was booked up so Sunday morning was the earliest we would get home. Luckily they conjured up a plane from somewhere and we got there 6 hours late. Obviously no compensation as the 'technical problems' were outside of FR's responsibility.

What was the problem? Technical problems fall under their remit; it's only when it's under 'extraordinary circumstances' which is strictly defined in the EU regulations that they can be exempt.
    http://www.ryanair.com/doc/faqs/eu261-ie.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Of course they are doing something right. For most of the time, they are the cheapest and the most punctual
    Certainly not the most punctual in my anyway they rarely ever take off on time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

They also significantly overstate the scheduled flight time to help pad the figures there. It really doesn't take 80 minutes to fly from Dublin to Gatwick...
    Absolutely spot on, last year they unbelievably said that flight time from Dub - LBA was 1 hour 15 minutes, I've been on flights from Dub - LBA which took 28 minutes but in general it's around 37 minutes, nowhere near the time they say.

No wonder they come up with this nonsense about being Europe's most on time airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They also significantly overstate the scheduled flight time to help pad the figures there. It really doesn't take 80 minutes to fly from Dublin to Gatwick...

No, but it probably takes close to 80 minutes from pushback in Dublin to arriving on stand in Gatwick

• Advertisement

What was the problem? Technical problems fall under their remit; it's only when it's under 'extraordinary circumstances' which is strictly defined in the EU regulations that they can be exempt.
    http://www.ryanair.com/doc/faqs/eu261-ie.pdf

No idea what the problem was - it's a few years ago now. Got a letter back from them saying the problem was outside FR's control (the announcement at Stansted was technical problems - we could see the plane parked with an engineer working on it) but nothing specific in the letter. I didn't bother following up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I've taken to using www.Skyscanner.ie to check Ryanair flight prices. Quicker than going through their "security" advertisements on their own website, and makes a mockery of it too. Also gives alternative flight options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

few months husband and I were flying home from Gran Canaria and our flight was 4 hours delayed. few days after we got home we both got emails (we had booked our flights seperate) with a document attached stating we were 4 hours delay in case we had to make an insurance claims. day after that then I got another email from them stating they would return €5 to my credit card for any expenses incurred during the 4 hours delay. my husband got nothing!

fifib wrote: »
    few months husband and I were flying home from Gran Canaria and our flight was 4 hours delayed. few days after we got home we both got emails (we had booked our flights seperate) with a document attached stating we were 4 hours delay in case we had to make an insurance claims. day after that then I got another email from them stating they would return €5 to my credit card for any expenses incurred during the 4 hours delay. my husband got nothing!

You did well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

Just noticed that €62 has come out of my credit card account to ryanair....
    Can't figure out how this can be????
    I have not booked flights for months with them??????
    How can I look into what this payment is??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

snowdaze wrote: »

contact ryanair and ask them the questions. They should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Layinghen wrote: »
    Last Ryanair flight I was on was a 2 hour flight and we landed half an hour ahead of schedule:eek: One of these days they will land before they are due to take off!

If you are flying to London from the lowland countries you will land before takeoff time

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The amount of purchase options you now have to click through to buy a simple flight is getting ridiculous. Suitcases, insurance, hotels, cars, taxis, transfers, city tours oh and don't forget the win your flight cost back. And some have a 'are you really really sure?' dropdown. Gah!

Its just irritating and doesn't encourage you to buy.

Lately when using chrome the insurance dropdown was missing so you couldn't opt out. Eventually made the booking using ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Ah and dont forget the 'talk talk' phone cards :)

yep - and you have to do it all again when you attempt the 'online check-in' including being absolutely sure you don't need travel insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

snowdaze wrote: »

CONTACT YOUR BANK IMMEDIATELLY - because probably someone used your card to buy a tickets from Ryanair - the only one solution - to block your card now...
    ryanair is not involved in this robbery. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

I was trying to book flights with Ryanair earlier, and when I hit the proceed page after entering all my details (I got the little window telling me not to refresh anything and that it would take up to 45 seconds for everything to go through), nothing happened.
    I got no email, and there doesn't seem to anything for that amount pending on my account. This is probably a silly question, but should I go ahead and try and book them again?
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Does anyone know, when you're adding passenger details for a group of people, do they all have to be done together? Or can everyone just log in separately with the booking details and add their own passport info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    I was trying to book flights with Ryanair earlier, and when I hit the proceed page after entering all my details (I got the little window telling me not to refresh anything and that it would take up to 45 seconds for everything to go through), nothing happened.
    I got no email, and there doesn't seem to anything for that amount pending on my account. This is probably a silly question, but should I go ahead and try and book them again?
    Hi there - I think you need to block the amount for that date to your account with your card company. Then rebook your flights again.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Oryx wrote: »
    The amount of purchase options you now have to click through to buy a simple flight is getting ridiculous. Suitcases, insurance, hotels, cars, taxis, transfers, city tours oh and don't forget the win your flight cost back. And some have a 'are you really really sure?' dropdown. Gah!

Its just irritating and doesn't encourage you to buy.

Lately when using chrome the insurance dropdown was missing so you couldn't opt out. Eventually made the booking using ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

MOH wrote: »
    Does anyone know, when you're adding passenger details for a group of people, do they all have to be done together? Or can everyone just log in separately with the booking details and add their own passport info?

Pretty sure they all have to be done at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they all have to be done at the same time.

Meant to update my post - everyone can do them individually. You just tick the checkbox for which name(s) you're adding details for, filling in the document detail, click check in and go through all the blurb. If you don't go all the way through the check in process, it seems to lose the details you added, so you have to do it again.

(Also anyone can reprint any of the boarding passes once the document details for that person have been entered, again just tick the boxes for whichever people you want to print. )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

AnnaSophia wrote: »

Only reading this now:afaik Ry are exceptionally good at spotting a double booking and will inform you that you have already made a booking for this flight, if you make a double booking in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

If you check in at the airport isn't that a 40 quid charge? Sorry if its already been asked

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Ah and dont forget the 'talk talk' phone cards :)

Don't forget the:
    EU 261 Levy
    Web Check in fee
    ETS
    Administration Fee
    Credit Card Charge.. :rolleyes:

Ryanair isn't cheap anymore. Were not back to the aerlingus monopoly days, no, but the days of flying to london for 30 quid or less are long over. I use them quite a bit and it usually costs at least 60 to fly if I book early. Other airlines have brought their fares lower, so it is getting close to the point where the savings made with RA do not justify the cattle truck experience you go through. People may choose to fly with other airlines who do not take a vampiric approach to their customers.

The problem with this is that RA have done the work and monopolise many popular routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ryanair isn't cheap anymore. Were not back to the aerlingus monopoly days, no, but the days of flying to london for 30 quid or less are long over. I use them quite a bit and it usually costs at least 60 to fly if I book early. Other airlines have brought their fares lower, so it is getting close to the point where the savings made with RA do not justify the cattle truck experience you go through. People may choose to fly with other airlines who do not take a vampiric approach to their customers.

The problem with this is that RA have done the work and monopolise many popular routes.

I just booked a flight to London for 22.99 for a month from now.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

£33.99 flight + £15 for the train to Luton on Friday evening. Luton airport staff horribly rude and the usual Ryanair unpleasantness.

€44.99 flight on Aer Lingus to Heathrow on Monday evening + £3 for the tube. Not a minute of stress in the whole thing.

I know which option I prefer.

syklops wrote: »
    I just booked a flight to London for 22.99 for a month from now.
    I was talking return fares?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I was talking return fares?

You said
    but the days of flying to london for 30 quid or less are long over

Advertisement