Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking in Phoenix Park train station and travel time by bus to Baggot St

• 08-04-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

There is the possibility that I might have the opportunity for a new better paid job in the next couple of months.

However it will mean that I have to commute from Cavan to Dublin. I definately do not want to get the 109 up and down every day so I was looking at the quickest ways of doing this commute and I figured that If I drive from my house to the Phoenix Park Train station it would take me an hour.

From there I could get the bus to Baggot St. Just wondering if

A. There are many parking spots at the train station at around 8.15am or would they all be taken early.
    B. What would be the commute time to Baggot St from the station by bus.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Firstly Phoenix Park Station is now Navan Road Parkway Station.

Why not take the train to from either M3 Parkway (changing at Clonsilla) or from Navan Road Parkway to Pearse and walk from there.

Train timetable is here:
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/14-dublinm3parkwaylongford2806131.pdf?v=gchdcpy

Bus journey times are scheduled to vary from 30-40 minutes from Navan Road Parkway Station to Lower Baggot Street. They may take longer with the ongoing LUAS works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

lxflyer wrote: »
    Firstly Phoenix Park Station is now Navan Road Parkway Station.

Why not take the train to from either M3 Parkway (changing at Clonsilla) or from Navan Road Parkway to Pearse and walk from there.

Train timetable is here:
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/14-dublinm3parkwaylongford2806131.pdf?v=gchdcpy

M3 is an option but the connections to Pearse for arrival in town ~9am are quite poor.
    OP would have to change at Clonsilla (~10 min wait) then change again at Connolly for a Dart (to Pearse/GCD) as the 07:45 ex Maynooth doesn't cross the river according to the timetable.

The train leaving Navan Road Parkway at 08:22 hits Pearse at 08:46, hop onto a Dart to GCD if needed for a two minute trip. Would probably beat the bus from Navan Road Parkway but would involve walk to Baggot Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well a walk in the morning isn't a bad thing you know - it's generally recommended!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks everybody for the replies. I had considered the train from Navan Road Parkway (Sorry didnt know that was the name of it :) )
    but I figured that a bus might be better as there would be more choice (in case the train was delayed). That is also the reason I didnt want to just drive to M3 Parkway. I would rather have bus and train options rather than just the train.

Advertisement