Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iarnród Éireann hedge cutting and my property

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Airtricity knock on my door I can sue them? sweet! and the Jehovahs too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Im very sure.

You should get onto the OP you could be their star witness!
    Why cant they get within 10ft of the bank and from where is the work being carried out ? what part is your property?

Hmm... And you seemed so sure in your last post.

bugsntinas wrote: »
    jamie2k9 and gatling it must be great to be so wrong it has bugger all to do with money or wanting money so here are some steps now get off ya high horse!!
    they haven't been on my property yet to clear that up.the work is to replace the concrete post and wire fence,
    .now it ain't urgent as they done the cork line from cork way up to or past charleville if i'm right but for some reason they left the neighbours garden our garden and the field next door so wasn't for safety.
    the old fence is on a bank about 5 feet up but wrecked due to the hedgerow.they can't get within 10feet of said bank and I ain't giving it up for them to move the fence.
    and corky the racehorse is safe!!!!

If a fence bordering a live railway line is damaged, then that's a safety issue.

If they have not attempted to do the work yet, they can still give notice saying that they will be doing so.

To stop them it would be up to you to bring a court challenge to try to stop them or add conditions. Even if you have the money it might not be worth the case given how the legislation is written.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

we've been living here for 7 years and I can tell the fence has been like it is for many years before also as said they must have done 10's of miles of fencing and just left our's and both side about 500 feet so can't be that urgent.
    they can't get near the old fencing as I have the area built up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

we've been living here for 7 years and I can tell the fence has been like it is for many years before also as said they must have done 10's of miles of fencing and just left our's and both side about 500 feet so can't be that urgent.

Have they told you they are going to renew the fence?

Why do you not want them to renew the fence?

Once they give notice it does not have to be an urgent issue.

• Advertisement

If they can't get tot the fence maybe they'll just renew it nearer the trackside. Score! (room for another racehorse)

corktina wrote: »
    If they can't get tot the fence maybe they'll just renew it nearer the trackside. Score! (room for another racehorse)

what is it with you and racehorses!!:p

I'm just jealous. (of the horses and of you having a rail line at the bottom of your garden!

corktina wrote: »
    I'm just jealous. (of the horses and of you having a rail line at the bottom of your garden!

the rail line is as boring as hell these days I wish we'd moved here when the beat etc was running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

So what exactly is the problem? Do you object to them doing the work or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Still no wiser as to why their presence is so objectionable. Did they not shower in the mornings?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Have you built past the line of the fence and blocked their right of way?

Have you built past the line of the fence and blocked their right of way?

nah not done any work.they have no right of way or access issues as it's just a bank with hedgerow/trees growing on it with fooked concrete posts.no issues with the line as it must be 10-20 feet from said bank.

as to why I ask just don't want them turning up and moving the boundary onto my property to suit themselves.

They can't move a boundary, they can only move a fence, and you can of course move it right back if it's on your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

nah not done any work.they have no right of way or access issues as it's just a bank with hedgerow/trees growing on it with fooked concrete posts.no issues with the line as it must be 10-20 feet from said bank.

as to why I ask just don't want them turning up and moving the boundary onto my property to suit themselves.

They cant move the boundary onto your property. Irish Rail's property runs around 10 to 15 meters or so from the tracks.
    You say that you havent done any work yet you said earlier that you had built up on it.
    It may be easier if you posted a pic is possible.

thanks for all the replies.i now have an idea where I stand and what to discuss with them.

Advertisement