Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celbridge to RDS

• 03-04-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

What is the best driving route from Celbridge to the RDS.

Does anyone know if the canal should be avoided.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well by bus, 67 to Merrion Square and walk or 67x to Waterloo Road

Driving, the canal tends to be chock-a-block in the morning rush hour, but the city centre route is fairly congested too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

bagpuss67 wrote: »
    Hi

What is the best driving route from Celbridge to the RDS.

Does anyone know if the canal should be avoided.

Thanks

at what time of day? weekday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bagpuss67

Thanks lxflyer.

Riskymove, I will need to be there for 8 mainly Mon - Friday and will be leaving around 4/4.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Avoid the canal if you want to get there at all. I've gone on the M50 to Dundrum and up through Sandyford. Sounds mad but better than going into the city and using the quays.

The 07.00 67x from Celbridge gets to Donnybrook at 07.55 and there are return expresses from 4 to 5 in the evening.

Personally I would not drive but would get the train from Leixlip or Maynooth and then the Dart to Sydney Parade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

67X is definitely your best bet. I can leave at 7.20 when driving and make it to Parnell St area for 8 but anywhere on the southside is a nightmare, you would need to be leaving earlier than 7 anyway and still not be guaranteed. The X is reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that the Luas works will start to affect the city centre. I would recommend bus or train.

Advertisement