Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter night activities

Options
  • 16-10-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering what people do to occupy themselves in winter nights? I work in Dublin and live in Kilcock but now that the nights are getting longer I need to occupy myself after work. Unfortunately team sports aren't really on the cards because I have erratic working hours so I couldn't commit. Obviously the gym is an option but a bit boring. I'd like to do something new. A night class is an idea but I was just putting it out there to see what ye do?

TV isn't an option!

Thanks for any suggestions!

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hoping to start boot camp soon. Outdoor ones are great to do when it's freezing cold and you will most likely be under flood lights. Also going to learn the piano!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Become a scout leader. Kilcock have a group and all groups are looking for leaders.
    Learn a trad instrument. Comhaltas have classes on Wednesdays in Maynooth Post Primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rathkenny

You could do some exercise classes. Not as boring as the gym as it's a group situation and usually a bit of craic.
    Finesse in Maynooth do a variety of ones like kettlebells, TRX & boxfit. You pay as you go so not a problem with erratic hours in work. I've also found it a great way if meeting people from the area as I'm from Dublin and work there too so haven't had much other opportunity to meet people around Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

bemak wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was wondering what people do to occupy themselves in winter nights? I work in Dublin and live in Kilcock but now that the nights are getting longer I need to occupy myself after work. Unfortunately team sports aren't really on the cards because I have erratic working hours so I couldn't commit. Obviously the gym is an option but a bit boring. I'd like to do something new. A night class is an idea but I was just putting it out there to see what ye do?

TV isn't an option!

Thanks for any suggestions!

B

Clane runs great night courses! In Kildare Town there is a group called Think Tank and they invite speakers down once a month to give a talk on different topics. Check out Kilcock Library they might have something similar. Maynooth have a musical society.

Advertisement