Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Semi Final: Merseyside Derby at Wembley, 12.30 SAT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

monkey9 wrote: »
    By the way, does anyone know that Brad Jones played for Shelbourne about a decade back!!

Yes, and conceded four on his debut, one of which was an OG from a goal kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Video

Dude 1st page :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If i was Moyes, i'd be telling my players to lump it and cross it at every given opportunity to put Jones under pressure!!! It's the way to victory!! I trust that bloke in goal like an oul lad in a retirement home trusts a fart not to turn into a sh!te.

I like being the underdogs. We're not expected to win, but who knows what can happen?? Hopefully, the pressure of Everton surely winning this one gets too much for them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If i was Moyes, i'd be telling my players to lump it and cross it at every given opportunity to put Jones under pressure!!! It's the way to victory!! I trust that bloke in goal like an oul lad in a retirement home trusts a fart not to turn into a sh!te.

I like being the underdogs. We're not expected to win, but who knows what can happen?? Hopefully, the pressure of Everton surely winning this one gets too much for them!!
    But you're not the underdogs. You're 6/4 favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Dude 1st page :p;)

Oh.:o

As ****e as we've been in the league, I really think Everton are gonna be lifted by the roots tomorrow, very confident of an FA cup final date for Liverpool next month.

Jones gonna play a stormer.;)

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    But you're not the underdogs. You're 6/4 favourites.

Pffft!!! You can prove anything with bookies odds!!! All the pressure is on the Toffees!! I wouldn't touch those odds!

What are Everton to win??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Form is out the window id say for this one, will be close but should be a good passionate game, would give me left nut to be there. My only worry is like someone posted if everton lob balls continuously in on jones. Im sure he'll be the most nervous lad on the pitch tomorrow but with what has happened him he'll draw inner strength.

Dont think ive ever been so anxious to see a starting XI all season too, will be glued to twitter all morning.

Come on Liverpool!!!:D How I love it all

This thread is going to be gold tomorrow, either way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pffft!!! You can prove anything with bookies odds!!! All the pressure is on the Toffees!! I wouldn't touch those odds!

What are Everton to win??
    Hello Mr.Mancini. I suggest you drop Tevez back out of the squad and give Dzeko more first team opportunities.

CSF wrote: »
    Hello Mr.Mancini. I suggest you drop Tevez back out of the squad and give Dzeko more first team opportunities.

I'm just speaking the reality!! Everton are all over this. I expect their players to go at us, full throttle!! They've proved to be the better team this season. No excuses for Everton should they fail!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

IBTL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

monkey9, i'm not the most optimistic of pool fans but i can't see how you wouldn't consider us favourites tomorrow. Bookies have called it about spot on imo. Wouldn't be shocked if we lost but i think we'll do it, so long as Jones doesn't make any mistakes as bad as he did against Blackburn. I believe we have a better squad and that we will dominate.

I have no doubt that we'll have more attacking possession, more corners, more shots on goal. Whether that will translate as a win is far from definite when you look at our problems with chance conversion rate and the potentially dodgy goalkeeper situation, but the assumed superiority we'll have in the aforementioned stats makes us favourites.

Pressure is far more on us tomorrow than Everton. They're the team with nothing to lose imo. Our horrible run in the PL is somewhat justified if we have Cup success. If we lose tomorrow then the 'are LFC and KD done' thread suddenly has a lot of validity.

Given the resources available to both teams Everton could lose here and finish anywhere from 7th-10th and say they've had an ok season. Same can't be said about Liverpool. Pressure is on us tomorrow

Morzadec wrote: »
    monkey9, i'm not the most optimistic of pool fans but i can't see how you wouldn't consider us favourites tomorrow. Bookies have called it about spot on imo. Wouldn't be shocked if we lost but i think we'll do it, so long as Jones doesn't make any mistakes as bad as he did against Blackburn. I believe we have a better squad and that we will dominate.

I have no doubt that we'll have more attacking possession, more corners, more shots on goal. Whether that will translate as a win is far from definite when you look at our problems with chance conversion rate and the potentially dodgy goalkeeper situation, but the assumed superiority we'll have in the aforementioned stats makes us favourites.

Pressure is far more on us tomorrow than Everton. They're the team with nothing to lose imo. Our horrible run in the PL is somewhat justified if we have Cup success. If we lose tomorrow then the 'are LFC and KD done' thread suddenly has a lot of validity.

Given the resources available to both teams Everton could lose here and finish anywhere from 7th-10th and say they've had an ok season. Same can't be said about Liverpool. Pressure is on us tomorrow

Nope, not agreeing with this, Morzadec! They are the favouries. They should be winning this 100%. It's up to Moyes to not f*ck this up!!!

If he messes this up, as manager of a big club, he has a lot of questions to answer to. Can you imagine the back pages of the Sunday papers if Everton lose tomorrow??

Never mind the back pages, can you imagine this forum if Everton lose? The place will go into meltdown!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Folks is this exclusive to espn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Folks is this exclusive to espn

I believe it is. Check out bloodzeed he will a HD stream for the match. Connect the laptop to the TV and bingo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool are in their best form of the season hard to bet against them -

Gonna go 3-0 to Liverpool with Carroll, Suarez and Gerrard scoring.

Come on Liverpool, give me an odd moment of joy this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Monkey9 is attempting to play mind games with a forum :rolleyes: Liverpool are favourites with the bookies and so they should be having spent about 120m in 18 months while Everton have spent about 6m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I dont understand your posts. Everton are not Barcelona you know. A good season for everton is to finish in the top 7 and a good run in the cups. They have achieved one and may achieve the other.

A good season for Liverpool is a champions league position. The cups will be the only thing that will pave over the cracks of a horrendous season.

Stop trying to kid yourself. This is now your most important game and the pressure is entirely on Liverpool and daglish.

It's derby day, bitches!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Good old Suarez,he just can't help himself:
    Luis Suarez has vowed he will repeat his World Cup handball if Liverpool need it in the FA Cup semi-final showdown with Everton at Wembley.He told The Sun: 'The sacrifice I made was because it was so important for Uruguay to make the semi-finals. Now I want to win this semi-final.'

'It will take an enormous effort but I am dedicated to the team. If I am obliged to stop a ball in the last minute and we win, then I will repeat the action.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2129638/Luis-Suarez-Ill-repeat-handball-shame.html#ixzz1s0MZp6fg

For that statement alone I hope Everton hammer Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

zerks wrote: »

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2129638/Luis-Suarez-Ill-repeat-handball-shame.html#ixzz1s0MZp6fg

not his fault Gyan missed the penalty......so no one from your team handled the ball to stop an opponent from scoring or attempting to score? .....i have deliberately handballed the ball before does that make me a bastard too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I fail to see the problem.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What a ****en evil bastard wanting his team to go through like that.

First of all, he told The S*n???

Second of all, were he to find himself in the same situation,i'd fully expect and want him to do it again. Problem??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How dare Suarez come out say what 90% of footballers will do :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

First of all, he told The S*n???

Second of all, were he to find himself in the same situation,i'd fully expect and want him to do it again. Problem??
    Interesting....

Stay classy dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Interesting....

Stay classy dude.

That post was about cheating, Suarez didn't cheat anyone he was sent off and a penalty was given. How long have you been waiting to post that. Henry was never punished for what he did Suarez was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The fact that he spoke to The Sun says it all,a newspaper that is hated by Liverpool fans for obvious reasons and Suarez does an interview with them,classy guy.We all know he's a cheat so his claim that he'd cheat again is no surprise really.

BTW the match is FTA on Sport1 (German Tv) @ 19e. A bit of dish moving & tuning in needed for those who are inclined to try it.

http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/liveftasports.htm

• Advertisement

Interesting....

Stay classy dude.

LOL!!! Good research there!!! And i still stand by that!!

I also stand by the Suarez comments. I'd want and fully expect him to do it again!

Problem?

Advertisement