Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick dvd region question

Options
  • 13-02-2005 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking on cd-wow last night for a dvd or two to buy and did a search for some multi region dvds, some of the selection returned were region 3 discs :confused: Will region 3 dvds work on a region 2 player or is a mistake by cd-wow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

this is a mistake..
    you could check if your dvd plays region free dvds, or has a code to make it region free...
    but otherwise nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Taught it was a mistake alright, oh well.
    Can't find any codes to unlock my dvd player. It is a Sharp HT-CN400DV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

Rabies wrote:
    Taught it was a mistake alright, oh well.
    Can't find any codes to unlock my dvd player. It is a Sharp HT-CN400DV.

did a quick google and came across this hack for your dvd player.
    hope it works!

Open drawer on dvd then press volume+ key, and while holding it down, press the language key. Release volume+ key while still holding down language key, then release language key and use down arrow key to change region code. Press enter to save. Need to be quick as menu only remains on screen for a short time

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

BTW if you want DVD's to work in a Region 2 player then don't search for Multi Regions ones :rolleyes:

Never bought a multiregion dvd before. Presumed they worked in all regions. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks for the hack Loretta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Rabies wrote:
    Never bought a multiregion dvd before. Presumed they worked in all regions. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks for the hack Loretta.

No the giveaway is that it says REGION 3, that means it won't work in REGION 2 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BolBill wrote:
    No the giveaway is that it says REGION 3, that means it won't work in REGION 2 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    A while ago I bought a dvd that was for region 4 but it works on region 2 players as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

2 and 4 are the same uk europe and australia . work on the pal 50 htz frequency.
    but.... in japan region 2 is the same but its not pal 50 its ntsc like the american signal..

ah, never knew that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Dont call them multiregion dvds ok ! They are called Region Free (Region 0 ) and they refer to the discs themselves. There are multiregion dvd PLAYERS which sounds like your best bet because then you won't have to worry about regions. :)

• Advertisement

the guy clearly knows nothing and is just telling us what his needs are?
    anyway 90% of dvd players have a factory coding in the bios to get bye the code and region problem
    even the macro and rce problem too.
    saw a dvd player in power city few weeks ago. had a hack for cd +g karaoke cds too. now thats handy..

i love to sing...la la la la la ................hahaha
    random_task will you do a duet with me ... he sings beautyfully in c minor...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Not all Region 4 dvds are dual encoded for 2/4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TT&TO

rabies,
    can you let us know whether that hack worked?
    my bro tried to hack a ronin region 2 (the dunnes ones) and now it wont work????
    'fraid to try a hack on my own ronin one (also bought in dunnes for €60)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

TT the region code hacks would be different for each machine..
    i tried a code "soft hack" on mine and it worked perfectly..

it all depends, are you sure your brother didnt accidently change the region code to something other than 0??

BolBill wrote:
    Dont call them multiregion dvds ok ! They are called Region Free (Region 0 ) and they refer to the discs themselves. There are multiregion dvd PLAYERS which sounds like your best bet because then you won't have to worry about regions. :)
    I called them multiregion because that is what the option was on the site, ok ! :(

TT&TO, haven't tried the hack yet. Haven't had time yet. Will do it either tonight or tomorrow.

Anyway, got the info I needed. Thanks

all the latest hacks can be found on www.vcdhelp.com go down 3/4 of page and hit hacks on left

Advertisement