Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 12

Options
  • 07-02-2005 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Anyone go to see this over the weekend?

I loved the first film (watched it again last night on TV3) but all the TV reviews Ive watched about it are saying that its crap!

Anyone see it who disagree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

look in reviews section....no one has liked it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

If you like he first one you will like the second they are practically identical. Though the second one has more of the jobs for the boys feel... the Bruce Willis stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Loved the first, hated the second. They are NOTHING alike (apart from the same cast).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mr. Brightside

Watched it in the ugc last night and to be honest I thought it was as good as the first one. There are more jokes and the music is fantastic (especially the scene where the Night Fox is in the museum). If you wanted to go into it, i suppose the acting isn't great but the fact that the film is so stylish and is great fun allows them to get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

The worst thing is Julia Roberts playing Tess.. yet also parading as someone famous at one stage in the film.. :rolleyes:
    Such a crock of cr@p. Did they think it would be amusing or something?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

loved the first, hell even bought the dvd, this one just blew, no good moments at all, complete crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why the hell are there bleeps in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

There are more jokes and the music is fantastic (especially the scene where the Night Fox is in the museum).

The tune is
    Nikkfurie- The A La Menthe

Can be downloaded here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JamesByrne979

Apologies for reverting back to the original question but,,

this film was CAT..MUCK..

What was the story with the whole julia roberts thing??

First film was brilliant but this was a disaster..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you wanted to go into it, i suppose the acting isn't great but the fact that the film is so stylish and is great fun allows them to get away with it.

The fact that so many people hate it tells me they're not really getting away with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I actually don't think I've ever been more dissapointed by a sequel (well apart from Martix Reloaded!). I loved the 1st one, bought it on DVD, watched it loads of times ect, but the 2nd one was nothing! It didn't really have the same one theme running right through it like the 1st did. I think they were trying too hard to be slick, and managed to ruin it. Also got the impression that they had run out of ideas half way through the film (like with the whole Tess thing). Wish I hadn't gone to see it now, but at least the 1st one was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

i taught it was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ando wrote:
    i taught it was good
    You are an exception :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

Bond-007 wrote:
    You are an exception :D

my life story :)

I just went to see it last night, to be honest, I can see why people would be disappointed with it, i loved the first one, thought it was class, bit of a laugh and stylish...this one had laughs (although some scenes were, indeed, a bit ridiculous) but, overall, I got the sense from watching the film, that everyone on the set had a great time making the film, they all had a laugh and you got that sense of light-heartedness from the film.

Certainly not as good as the first film, but it has moments of its own (and the NightFox scene in the museum was VERY well done, I thought, if slightly over the top).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Was disapointed. The first was one of my top 10 films and the 2nd was one of my worst 10 films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭cock_adodel_do

Saw it a few weeks ago and taught it was ****. The first was much better.

Advertisement