Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Quotes the Best...?

• 19-12-2004 1:41pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My one has to be from The Commitment's

"The Irish are the Blacks of Europe,the Dubliners are the Blacks of Ireland and the Northside Dubliners are the Blacks of Dublin.So say it loud we are Black and proud" :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

"you keep talking like a bitch im gonna smack you like a bitch"-reservoir dogs
    and
    "who, who, what are you a f**king owl!"-heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

From Team America:
    "There are 3 kinds of people in this world, D*cks, P*ssies, and A*sholes...." etc, class quote :)
    Blade3: "C*ck juggling thunder c*nt"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

anybody like to add to this...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Pugsley wrote:
    From Team America:
    "There are 3 kinds of people in this world, D*cks, P*ssies, and A*sholes...." etc, class quote :)
    Blade3: "C*ck juggling thunder c*nt"

Good call on the TA quote. One of my faves from that:

Gary(To Suzan Sarandon): Your powers have withered with age Ms. Sarandon
    Suzan(Holding Uzis): YOU WILL DIE A PEASANTS DEATH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

"A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

"I'm talking to an empty telephone, 'cause there is a dead man on the other end of this ****in' line"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

“It's true, boys. Every word of it. He died like they said. All right, fellas. Let's go and say a prayer for a boy who couldn't run as fast as I could.”

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

More of a speech than a quote, but we gotta respect Monty Brogan from the 25th hour:

Monty Brogan: **** me? **** you! **** you and this whole city and everyone in it. **** the panhandlers, grubbing for money, and smiling at me behind my back. **** the squeegee men dirtying up the clean windshield of my car. Get a ****ing job! **** the Sikhs and the Pakistanis bombing down the avenues in decrepit cabs, curry steaming out their pores, stinking up my day. Terrorists in ****ing training. SLOW THE **** DOWN! **** the Chelsea boys with their waxed chests and pumped up biceps. Going down on each other in my parks and on my piers, jingling their dicks on my Channel 35. **** the Korean grocers with their pyramids of overpriced fruit and their tulips and roses wrapped in plastic. Ten years in the country, still no speaky English? **** the Russians in Brighton Beach. Mobster thugs sitting in cafés, sipping tea in little glasses, sugar cubes between their teeth. Wheelin' and dealin' and schemin'. Go back where you ****ing came from! **** the black-hatted Hasidim, strolling up and down 47th street in their dirty gabardine with their dandruff. Selling South African apartheid diamonds! **** the Wall Street brokers. Self-styled masters of the universe. Michael Douglas, Gordon Gecko wannabe mother ****ers, figuring out new ways to rob hard working people blind. Send those Enron assholes to jail for ****ING LIFE! You think Bush and Cheney didn't know about that ****? Give me a ****ing break! Tyco! Worldcom! **** the Puerto Ricans. 20 to a car, swelling up the welfare rolls, worst ****in' parade in the city. And don't even get me started on the Dom-in-i-cans, 'cause they make the Puerto Ricans look good. **** the Bensonhurst Italians with their pomaded hair, their nylon warm-up suits, their St. Anthony medallions, swinging their, Jason Giambi, Louisville slugger, baseball bats, trying to audition for the Sopranos. **** the Upper East Side wives with their Hermes scarves and their fifty-dollar Balducci artichokes. Overfed faces getting pulled and lifted and stretched, all taut and shiny. You're not fooling anybody, sweetheart! **** the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take fives steps on every lay-up to the hoop. And then they want to turn around and blame everything on the white man. Slavery ended one hundred and thirty seven years ago. Move the **** on! **** the corrupt cops with their anus violating plungers and their 41 shots, standing behind a blue wall of silence. You betray our trust! **** the priests who put their hands down some innocent child's pants. **** the church that protects them, delivering us into evil. And while you're at it, **** JC! He got off easy! A day on the cross, a weekend in hell, and all the hallelujahs of the legioned angels for eternity! Try seven years in ****in' Otisville, J! **** Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist assholes everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fueled fire in hell. You towel headed camel jockeys can kiss my royal Irish ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

"I'm gonna hit the brakes and he's gonna fly right by"

"You're gonna do WHAT!!!??"

g'wan, you all know it!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

...or how's about:

"Hey Blain....you're bleeding"

"I ain't got time to bleed!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

From I Went Down

"No guts, No Black Pudding"

and I think
    "No man has got one pair of shoes like these"

• Advertisement

A few more I like.

Good Morning Vietnam:
    Cronauer (to SGM Dickerson): You're in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history!

American Pie:
    Jim's Dad: (Showing his son a dirty magazine) Well, this is the...this is the, ah, female form....and, uh, they have, uh, focused on the breasts....uh, which are used primarily for, to feed...young infants....and, um...and also in foreplay

Jim: Right.

Pulp Fiction:
    Samuel L. Jackson......The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrrany of evil men

Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness

For he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

And you will know my name is the Lord When I lay my vengeance upon thee!

John Travolta as Vincent Vega: Oh man! I shot Marvin in the face.

Jules: What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

"I've got 10 fingers and 10 toes - thats 20 ways to die" - Bulletproof Monk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The one that springs to mind... not really a particular quote. More of a moment / scene:

[cleaning their bloody hands]
    Jules: F*ck, nigg*r, what did you do to his towel?
    Vincent: I was dryin' my hands.
    Jules: You're supposed to wash 'em first.
    Vincent: You watched me wash 'em.
    Jules: I watched you get 'em wet.
    Vincent: I was washing 'em. But this sh*t's hard to get off. Maybe if I had lather or something, I coulda done a better job.
    Jules: I used the same f*ckin' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no god-damn Maxi-Pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

to many, here's a few of my favs

"what we got here, is failure, to comunicate"

"You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my fargin' rights. This somanombotching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens, like me, could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin' iceholes like yourselves. Thank you very much."

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am"

"Say hello to my little friend!!!!"

"never mind that ****, here comes Mongo"

anyone know all 6, without usin google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

Hmmm, lets see:

"what we got here, is failure, to comunicate"

Cool Hand Luke

"You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my fargin' rights. This somanombotching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens, like me, could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin' iceholes like yourselves. Thank you very much."

Nope.

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am"

Raging Bull

"Say hello to my little friend!!!!"

Scarface

"never mind that ****, here comes Mongo"

Blazing Saddles

anyone know all 6, without usin google

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

"You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my fargin' rights." johnny dangerously

whats the 6th :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Cabin Fever

[Bert leaves the cabin with a rifle]
    Karen: Bert, what the hell is that?
    Bert: Huh? Oh, I'm gonna go shoot some squirrels.
    Paul: Why would you wanna kill squirrels?
    Bert: 'cause they're gay.
    Karen: Bert, don't be a ****ing retard.
    Bert: I'm kidding. I don't care if they're gay or straight, I'll kill 'em either way.

Not the best quote ever but I like it nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Elessar

Commando:
    "I like you Sully, you're a funny guy; that's why I'm gonna kill you last".

And

"Hey Sully, remember when I said I'd kill you last? I lied."

One of Arnie's best movies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

"I'm not gonna hurt ya, i'm just gonna bash your brains in, bash em right the f**k in" Jack Nicholson - The Shining

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny" Jack Nicholson - The Shining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

"my mule don't like your laughin."

"only after we lose everything are we free to do anything"

"have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

"there's only two things come from texas, steers and queers. now which one are you?"

"M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E"

oh... give me time and i'll quote a thousand more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

from A Few Good Men: [imagine jack nicolson screaming and spitting]

You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns: who's gonna do it? You? You, lieutenant Weinberg?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭lukin

Training Day:

Alonzo Harris: "Aww, you motherf**kers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting cases on all you bitches. Huh. You think you can do this s**t... Jake. You think you can do this to me? You motherf**kers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you. Shoe program, ni**a. 23 hour lockdown. I'm the man up in this piece. You'll never see the light of... who the f**k do you think you're f**king with? I'm the police, I run s**t around here. You just live here. Yeah, that's right, you better walk away. Go on and walk away... 'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherf**ker down. King Kong ain't got **** on me. That's right, that's right. S**t, I don't, f**k. I'm winning anyway, I'm winning... I'm winning any motherf**king way. I can't lose. Yeah, you can shoot me, but you can't kill me."

Foul-mouthed, but good nonetheless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jahl

A Clockwork Orange:
    "What sort of world is it at all? Men in the Moon...."
    - The Bum in the tunnel

"Come with uncle and hear all proper. Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You! Are! Invited!"
    - Alex in the music shop

Too many others to type!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Napoleon Dynamite

What are you drawing?

A Liger

Whats a Liger?

It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

bump...as I injoy this post so much

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."
    "Yes, it will, Precious, won't it? It will get the hose!"

Buffalo Bill, the original Gollum. :D (in movie form)

Advertisement