Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 20-09-2005 7:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

So I just started at a university with a firewall that blocks file sharing and stuff and I really need to get around it! I can only find out how to do it on a PC. Does anyone know how to get around a firewall on a mac?! I'm connected to the internet through an ethernet cable. HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Go into System Preferences in the dock, click on the sharing folder then select firewall then stop(or you could leave the firewall on and check the port you want open).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I'm not sure if you'll be able to do that, else why would the Uni put the firewall there in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

i'm assuming the PC method involved downloading something like putty.exe and doing an ssh tunnel to another server???

IF thats it, you can do the same from the mac terminal command line...thats a big IF though.

Advertisement