Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutant Wetsuit

Options
  • 17-02-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

So the misses has said for my birthday she is going to get me a new wetsuit as I my own one is falling to pieces after over 5 years of use.
    i have been thinking about getting an O'Neill Mutant 5/4 and at 200euro seems like a good price , just wondering does anyone else have this suit and what they think of if ? or if anyone else can recommend a different wetsuit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I have the Mutant, its a good suit for those day's where you're in the water and you have a lot of duck diving and the set's are regular.
    And you're not sitting for too long, so yeah it's a good suit for a good day. ...

I use the excel drylock powerseem for the cold slower days. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Have been using a Mutant for a couple of winters now, grand suit. Prefer a back zip suit for ease of taking off afterwards, but cannot fault the seal of this chest entry suit. Seams and knees still in good condition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Great suit....

I have a winter and summer version.

Winter one has died now but would seriously consider getting another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

i have been thinking about getting an O'Neill Mutant 5/4 and at 200euro seems like a good price , just wondering does anyone else have this suit and what they think of if ?

Great suit, warm. A friend has one and loves it. Think he got it off a Sligo website at a sale price of about 210 inc free delivery too. Good time of the year to buy hooded suits, good reduction from what they were normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭fundi

The O'Neill mutant is a really toasty suit. Got one in www.sunset.ie , had it the next day from Sligo and their price was only €210 inc free delivery ( other Irish shops were 260 and 290 ). The front zip takes a bit of getting used to, not 100% sure about it yet, a back zip suit like the Epic is still easier to get on I think. However the hood and taped seams make the mutant a very warm suit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement