Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

newish focus acting up...

Options
  • 01-04-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully someone here can answer a query for me. I bought a new focus last July and the thing has been back to the garage 4 times since I got it. Firstly the engine pi**ed coolant all over the place but the garage couldn't find anything wrong and just refilled the bottle... Subsequently - there has been a fairly pungent smell any time I turn the heater on at all. The first time I brought it to the garage they couldn't find anything, the second time they put an air freshener into it (well that's all I could see) and the third time (3 weeks ago) they said they found a leak behind the heater box and "fixed it". A week later the smell was as bad as ever. I kept it for 10 days to see if it was just residue from the original problem. I've to go back down to the garage today. What am I entitled to or what should I look for? rant over, sorry it's really frustrating trying to get this sorted!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Newish as in under 3 years old? I'd be looking at the warranty if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Thanks Gegerty. Yeah the car was bought brand new last July... The warranty says that ford will replace or repair any part for free within the first 2 years. That's not much use to me if they can't find the problem though. I'm driving around freezing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Is there a contact telephone number for the Ford helpdesk in your handbooks?
    If so get onto them and explain the problem.

I can only go through the procedure for UK cars..feel free to pm me for more advice.

Advertisement