Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.6 Seat Leon.. Opinions ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I owned a Toledo in 1999, basically a booted version of this. It was an excellent car, very solid. Lacks the cachet of its VW siblings but shares a lot of their virtues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

They aint bad not a great alternative to the golf.
    Pity no cd player. I know if i was on the look out id be tempted. My mum had the 1.4 version. I really liked it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭250882

Bought one last year for my girlfriend, its a barrel of fun to drive and its needed no work done except two services, not a quick as youd think for a 1.6of her size but the rpm goes all the way up. Interior is nice, all the dash and interior lights glow red. comfortable and classy but if possible upgrade to the cupra 1.8l.

P.S I said the same about the tape deck until I looked in the glove box - factory fitted 6 cd changer.

Door handles on the drivers and passanger doors get very grubby looking as the black plastic coating comes off, doesnt help to replace them either as the same thing happens with the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,143 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Advert says it was originally a UK company car. I would look for the service history and old UK plate, then do a UK HPI check on it. 39k miles is very low for a 6 year old car, could be genuine but without valid documentation to back it up I'd walk away.

If it checks out your could be getting a nicer car than the overrated, overpriced Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I had a 1.6 for years, make sure the timing belt has been done and it has had all the services.

Thats not a signo model as the seller has advertised, the signo has fog lights, 4 elec windows, slightly better cloth, and as far as I can remember the 1.6 16v engine, the one advertised could have the 8v one, its a smooth unit but no fun.

Things to look out for would be a damp floor, theres a known fault with all Golfs, A3's and leons where water runs into the door and down to the footwell carpet, there is a fix for this but its a pain, look out for fungus and if poss see the car after a heavy night of rain.

I'd only go for the 16v Leon as its a blast as the engine is really revvy, its fairly quick off the mark, about 10.5 seconds - 60, 105bhp, 35mpg easy.

This one would be much better, I've no idea what the dealer is like.

http://cars.motornet.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=903470

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

That spoiler looks dreadful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Things to look out for would be a damp floor, theres a known fault with all Golfs, A3's and leons where water runs into the door and down to the footwell carpet, there is a fix for this but its a pain, look out for fungus and if poss see the car after a heavy night of rain.

Very true, I have a leon myself and had this problem with the 2 front doors.
    It's actually fairly easy to fix, about 20 mins per door.

There is a foam seal which rots and lets water in, seat have a repair kit availabe which replaces the foam with a very tacky rubber seal.

This guide covers an incorrectly fitted pollen filter which causes leaks and the door seal fix.
    http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44216

Neil.

Advertisement