Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Card Swap

Options
  • 11-03-2004 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I live in England and I simply want to receive RTE etc. and my brother lives in Ireland and you guessed it he wants to receive ITV, Ch. 4 and 5.

Is it possible to simply swop cards or do we have to exchange decorders???

Any advice welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

You will have to swap the decoders as well as the cards as the card is married to the box. Some channels would work with just a card swap but RTÉ1 and Network 2 wont. Most of the family pack ones will work.

If you are both on the same subscription just swap the boxes (with cards) and ye will all be happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

A word of warning............never connect the phoneline to either box once they are exchanged

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

You dont need to swap the box.

If both of you are outside your 1st year contract with sky you don't need to swap boxes.

Mr A (Lives in UK)
    Mr B (Lives in Ireland)

Swap cards only. Mr A calls sky and tells them his Digibox broke and he bought a second hand one. Please Re register my card to this box. Thank you.

Mr A calls to get his card activated in Mr Bs box

Mr B calls Sky and tells them his Digibox broke and he bought a second hand one. Please Re register my card to this box. Thank you.

Mr B calls to get his card activated in Mr As box

Of course both cards should be in their new boxes.

Hope that helps
    Eóin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Fred Flange

Hello All

I don't have a brother in Ireland, but I do have an Englisg Subscription [Family Package], and would be interested in swapping with someone in Ireland.

Anyone in Co. Wicklow interested as I shall be visiting at the end of this month.

Regards

Fred F.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Fred F.
    If you don't get any takers and you do have family or an address in the ROI you might consider setting it up that way and you could use your CC from the UK.
    Swapping with a stranger could be messy.

• Advertisement

Well I swapped with someone in the Uk nearly a year ago.
    It's just a case of each ringing sky and saying they have a new box.
    You post your own card to the other subscriber and they put it in their box.
    Then you pretend to sky that you have their box in Ireland and vice versa.
    Both ring their sky numbers and Sky marry the cards to the new boxes.

It's not as messy as Greenman suggests as all you can potentially be at the loss of is one months or perhaps only part of one months subscription.

If the other party welshes on the deal , you simply inform Sky that your card and box was stolen and they will send you a new one and re-pair to the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Hi Fred Flange,
    I live on the Dublin Wicklow border, I have a Family Pack and would be interested in swapping with you.

If you are interested, please PM me your contact details and I'll give you a call.

Ken 90

Advertisement