Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTV Card for ITV, CH4 & 5

Options
  • 09-03-2004 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I know there have been loads of threads on this subject, I have spent the whole evening trawling through them all, but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

What I'm wondering is has anyone found a reliable method of getting a FTV card since the free2view site and number were shut down.

Does the Pout or NASN method work? If they do, do you have to subscribe using a UK address, and how long do you need to subscribe for?

If I was to buy a card on e-bay what is the going rate?

Has anyone got any other alternatives?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Marty

I've just purchased 3 digiboxes from e-bay auctions, which included deactivated sky cards, the type with the yellow house (for ITV/CH4/5).
    Should receive them in the next week or so.
    I intend to set up the 3 receivers in different rooms and just move the card around, to watch ITV/ etc.., since terrestial reception is poor in my area.
    Have to test all cards (and receivers) when l receive them to ensure they work, but l should only need to hold onto one!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You'll need a Quad LNB.

If simply using one at a time, feeding the RF out, or better quality with Stereo, a Video sender with two receivers would have been cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I heard that the NASN route does not work.

Pout is a PPV channel, so in theory if you never buy any "events" it costs nothing beyond the initial payment. But I have no personal experience of this.

You would need a UK address.

Apparently Ebay can be risky as
    * The card belongs to NDS (Sky), even the FTV ones, not just cancelled subs.
    * The vendor may ring and say "Dog ate card" (or whatever). Sky cancel card entirely (it will never ever activate again) and send a new one, which he may sell again to another victim. No doubt eventually Sky would stop issuing replacements and suggest the Dog is seen to.

Advertisement