Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion: Sticky on retailers selling Satellite Electronics

Options
  • 07-03-2004 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads

I think it's time we had a sticky on retailers selling Satellite Electronics.

So if you know of a european online / mail order or a shop in Ireland please add a link and / or an address to this thread.

When we have enough shops listed i think the mod's of this area (DMC and icdg) could make a single post sticky which will be locked and can be maintained and updated when needed.

~~~~~~~~ Example ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: My big sat shop
    WWW: www.mybigsatshop.ie

Suggested by: eoinm1
    Have purchased from them: Yes
    Comments: Nice staff, good tech. support, items recived with in 2 days
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think?

Good idea or bad idea.

Eóin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

www.hm-sat.de
    www.dvbshop.tv
    Have purchased from both. Were the cheapest around for what i was buying at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

deleted D<:-)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Don't forget:
    www.Satellite.ie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

www.wizardsatellite.com
    www.satcure.co.uk
    www.brymar.co.uk
    www.satelliteshop.co.uk
    www.satellitesuperstore.com
    www.hm-sat.de
    www.cardwriter.nl

Electroplus
    Unit 5, Block C,
    City Link Business Park, Old Naas Road, Dublin 12.
    Tel: 01-4196240
    Fax: 01-4196254
    Email: sales@electroplus.ie
    No website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I found www.tarasat.nl while "googlin" Didn't realise it was Seano. (Tony at www.satellite.ie put me wise).

I'd say the list as is on this thread covers 99.99% of gear, accessories and even repair parts at competitve prices. Anyone significantly cheaper is suspect supplier. (Likely to go bust if striaght, or bent if not going bust!)

My experience dating back pre-Digital is that Martin Pickering of www.satcure.co.uk is good for technical / repair issues. Originally he was service only. One of the top Pace repair Guys in UK in Analog days.

If i could just add a footnote.

Please do not send me emails looking for illegal fully loaded cards with files for viewing Pay Tv.I do not supply fully loaded and have no information on how to load them.

A FTV Dutch television card cost Euro 75,-( same as in NL)has to be registered to a Dutch name address and bank account from which Euro 15,- is taken out annualy for the FTV channels or your wished for subscription.
    I can supply the card but it is your responsibilty to have the Dutch address and bank account etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

hey Seano, why is there no tri colour next to the union jack :D

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Originally posted by Tony
    hey Seano, why is there no tri colour next to the union jack :D

I am afraid that people will start looking for a translation 'as Gaelige' if I do that.

it is difficult enough trying to switch over from english to dutch everytime :(

Advertisement