Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginners list

• 11-04-2014 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Ok, it's time I give this a go and see if its for me. :D

I went onto Detailing shed and put together a list of what I think I will need to start out. Can you guys take a look and see what you think? I really just want to make sure I am getting products that work well together are easy to use and will not clash with each other as I am a total beginner.

Already have some tar remover and will use a couple of cheap buckets to 2BM it.

Chemical Guys Mr. Wash Mitt
    Chemical Guys Glossworkz Shampoo
    Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy
    Chemical Guys Luber
    Autobrite Fine Grade 200g Clay Bar
    Meguiar's SwirlX
    Chemical Guys Super Soft UFO Applicator
    Orchard Autocare Speed Seal

Thanks for the advice lads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Replied to your PM just now - sorry I wasnt at a computer yesterday, and the lenght of it would have be a pain to type on a phone! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

No problem Dave. Thanks for the great advice so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

I'd add a wax to that list, not sure what speed seal is. Maybe it does the same thing.

What I would recommend is Colinite 845:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

You'll be wanting a tyre and trim dressing too.

I take it you'll be detailing the interior too?If so, then you'll be looking for a good APC, an interior trim dressing and some glass polish.

If you have leather, you will also need to invest in some..............you can see where this gets expensive very fast now, can't you?!!

I have stuff for interior and leather already. I am going to concentrate on the body work first and just give wheels a normal clean for now because it's too expensive to buy everything in the one go! Curran has come back to me already with some good feedback on my list above so am just going to make a few changes to it before purchasing. Looking like I will be going with the below for now to get me started.

Microfiber Madness Incredimitt
    Chemical Guys Luber
    Chemical Guys Pro Polish 3n
    Chemical Guys jetseal 109

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Harcrid wrote: »
    I have stuff for interior and leather already. I am going to concentrate on the body work first and just give wheels a normal clean for now because it's too expensive to buy everything in the one go! Curran has come back to me already with some good feedback on my list above so am just going to make a few changes to it before purchasing. Looking like I will be going with the below for now to get me started.

Microfiber Madness Incredimitt
    Chemical Guys Luber
    Chemical Guys Pro Polish 3n
    Chemical Guys jetseal 109

Drop the Jetseal 109 and get Collinite 845 instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'm just going all over the forum and backing vectra up on the 845 :P

One thing I did find with it though is that I had to keep it in hot water and shake it quite a bit. I asked Dave about selling a different bottle that you can pour the 845 into and squeeze it out like this:

Collection_RD06.jpg

I think anyone who has used 845 will agree that it's a better idea than using the original bottle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I'm just going all over the forum and backing vectra up on the 845 :P

One thing I did find with it though is that I had to keep it in hot water and shake it quite a bit. I asked Dave about selling a different bottle that you can pour the 845 into and squeeze it out like this:

Collection_RD06.jpg

I think anyone who has used 845 will agree that it's a better idea than using the original bottle :D

Yes indeed.
    I have a small bottle about the size of a sample squeeze bottle that i puor some into.
    keps the original one fresh.

Too late, everything has been ordered and has already arrived even though I only ordered it Friday afternoon. Now thats quick service. I am happy to start out with what I have so far anyway as no matter what products I use it will be a lot better than the nothing I used to use before!

So I guess thats my Easter Saturday all planned......

IMAG0257_zps7ae3ba72.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Would love one of those squeeze bottles, where'd you get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

These look to be them.

The shipping to Ireland seems to be free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

nd wrote: »
    These look to be them.

The shipping to Ireland seems to be free.
    International Orders Due to increased shipping costs, we require a $100 minimum purchase on international orders. Select International Shipping as your shipping option. We will contact you with actual shipping charges for your authorization. These rate quotes DO NOT include any further duties/taxes that may be incurred at customs. No aerosol products can ship to international destinations.
    Canadian customers please follow the instructions above.

Not so unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

When I buy a bit of gear off my Autosmart rep he tends to throw in a few trigger spray and squeezy bottles for free.
    Their squeezy bottle with flip top looks like this:

[IMG][/img]P1010187_zpsf0486619.jpg

Alternatively, you can order a squeezy bottle complete with flip top from Ampulla for €0.67 and the postage seems to be €4.68 per Kg - but check that out with them yourselves - a bottle weighs feck all, so you might be able to get a few other bits on the same delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Mc Love wrote: »
    Would love one of those squeeze bottles, where'd you get them.

I don't have them, that's just a picture I got from a thread on AutoGeek which was about Collinite 845.

Advertisement