Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collected up a new fish the other week

Options
  • 28-03-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

The man behind AOR surfboards is a good mate and has been making this one for me for a while now.
    I havent really been surfing all that much so there was no huge urgency on him to finish it for me but there was a nice forecast shaping up other other week so Id say he did more to it that week leading up to it then the last 6 months combined.

We had three days of empty peachy surf all to ourselves to try it out on.
    I think its 6'3 by 21" and a bit and 2" and a bit, cedar and cork rails, with a ceder deck and hull and glassed on bamboo speed dialers.

Took a few sessions to get my head around it, more my slow ass pop ups then anything else, every time I got my feel under me it was gone before I realised but finally started to get a feel for it by the 3rd session, so so quick and paddles great.

I think this and my model t might be the only two boards in the van for the summer

aZXK88k.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Any photos of the board:D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Haha, thats only the tip of the iceberg, kinda comes with the territory really.
    Been meaning to put it into the studio and get some shots on the white back drop but Iv been too lazy to clean the wax back off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Lovely looking board, how much would one set ya back

Al would be the man to talk to, it all depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go with it.

His standard boards start at €450, but I went and got all the bells and whistles on this one, but as I said, mates with years and all that and it was part exchange for this....
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=539264869460202&set=a.155939937792699.52882.155934334459926&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fresh Cod

That is a fine looking board you have there, would love one of them I must say!

Seen some of your photos in the Lighthouse on Saturday, class as always.

• Advertisement

Fresh Cod wrote: »
    That is a fine looking board you have there, would love one of them I must say!

Seen some of your photos in the Lighthouse on Saturday, class as always.

Ah thats great to hear mate! Thanks for posting. I didnt get up myself to the festival so I never got to see them in situ so its great to hear they looked well up there.

And yes, the fish is magic :)

If anyone meets me on the water with it, they are move then welcome to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fresh Cod

No bother, your photos were getting plenty of attention, lots of people there admiring them.

Might be down your way in the coming weeks with Mrs Cod, long over due another spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Magic looking board! One thing I will always say about Alan is that his stuff is always made to the highest quality.

Where are you based Lowpockets?

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Magic looking board! One thing I will always say about Alan is that his stuff is always made to the highest quality.

Where are you based Lowpockets?

Cork boi! ;)

Yeah, the quality is outstanding. She's a thing of beauty. I just have to get my ever expanding girth back under some shade of control so il be able to paddle it now :)

Advertisement