Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BESS study abroad cost

Options
  • 27-08-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im doing BESS in Trinity and am interested in spending my third year studying abroad, most likely in the states. The only obstacle to me doing this that I can think of would be if it is too expensive for me too afford. Has anyone spent a year in America and if so what sort of money is needed to finance it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

If it's a standard exchange programme most colleges have it arranged so that it doesn't really cost you any more to study abroad (in terms of tuition fees and accommodation). The incoming students pay their fees at home (i.e. the American students still pay their whopping tuition fees) and you pay whatever fee you would pay here - you then just swap places.

If you have a look at the TCD international office site they have some info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tandonv

I am in bess too, just wondering what grades would you need to study abroad ? Would like America or Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

tandonv wrote: »
    I am in bess too, just wondering what grades would you need to study abroad ? Would like America or Canada
    They would generally look for a 2.1 minimum, due to the competitiveness in getting places on the college wide exchanges.

The exchanges to the States/Canada through the Erasmus program may be a 2.2, you'd have to clarify with the Bess office.

Advertisement