Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health screening result?

Options
  • 11-11-2008 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Just had a health screening done at work and i got a little shock!
    My Blood pressure was fine at 122/74 but my cholesterol was reading 5.88!
    This .s about .9 over where i should be at!
    Im a very active 29 year old and do a lot of heavy weight training!
    My diet ok most days but i can get caught out from time tot time, basicaly what is the quickest way to reducing this to a normal level?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

My diet ok most days but i can get caught out from time tot time, basicaly what is the quickest way to reducing this to a normal level?
    What did your doctor say?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Cut down on saturated fats basicaly,heavily processed foods?
    I know this and have been mindfull of it maybe its comming down already,last check was years ago like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

5.88?

Went for a chinwag with the company doc myself there recently and mentioned about my dad having high colesterol [think it was roughly the same as yours but he's in his 40s so it's more of a big deal] and the doc said serious would be 7+.

5+ is a worry if there's a history of heart problems he said.

In saying that I'm still using the ****ty benecol butter out of fear of having high colesterol

Advertisement