Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renewing Tax question

Options
  • 01-04-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong section. I have to renew the tax on my car. Because it hasn't been taxed since late last year I can't avail of the online renewal service so I have to go into the tax office.

As far as documentation is concerned do I need anything else apart from registration cert, insurance cert, drivers license and of course the tax renewal form stamped by the gardai?

The car is currently not NCT'd and wont be for a few weeks yet but I believe that they no longer ask for that?

Also, does the car owner have to go to tax office or can I send somebody in to do it for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

you don't need the NCT cert to tax your car - i taxed mine in tax office recently and the never asked for it, didn't need to provide licence either but have it with you just in case. you will need to fill in your insurance details on the tax form, they probably won't ask to see them. have the chassis number at hand too for the form. other than that the only other thing you need is the money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I'm not sure in this case if you need a gards signature on a form to say the car was off the road since late last year... you may just be able to back-tax it or something however. Maybe someone else has the full info?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

PaulKK wrote: »
    I'm not sure in this case if you need a gards signature on a form to say the car was off the road since late last year... you may just be able to back-tax it or something however. Maybe someone else has the full info?

Well I could back tax it but the guards signed and stamped the form stating that it was off the road since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

who_ru wrote: »
    you don't need the NCT cert to tax your car - i taxed mine in tax office recently and the never asked for it, didn't need to provide licence either but have it with you just in case. you will need to fill in your insurance details on the tax form, they probably won't ask to see them. have the chassis number at hand too for the form. other than that the only other thing you need is the money :rolleyes:

Yea money is the big one! Thanks for that!

Advertisement