Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Sky

• 10-03-2004 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

I heard from a workmate that it is possible to get all pay sky channells by doing some knack to the internal workings of the box. I just want someone to say whether this is a possibility or is it just someone blowing crap!! I couldnt care less on the workings of it. Just out of curiosity I need to know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brussel

Simple answer..He is talking crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

It is impossible with the system Sky use. For one thing, encryption has little to do with the internal workings of the box, and more to do with the viewing card. And nobody has cracked their card.

Tell your mate he is talking through his hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

I partly guessed that was the case. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I would hate to think anyone would get all channels that easy without me knowing of the method, especially after all the crap I went to to get the FTV cards in the past!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brussel

i have read the thread again and I just realised,it is in a way true what the guy says but it goes like this.

SKY Italia owned by BSKYB can be watched without a card with the dreambox.This is only in the last week or so.You have to add the proper files to the dreambox for this to work.

Sky Italia is seca 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sky Italia is phasing in Digiboxes with Videoguard. They use dual Encryption for now. They will change over to Digibox / Videoguard only.

Seca2 (or Whatevers is in use in Sky Italia ) is from pre-Sky days. They took over two Italian operators suffering badly from Piracy.

It is of course conicidental that Seca 1 and others hacked by a lab funded by NDS/Newscorp (Sky) and info posted on a Website owned by a Director in the Newscorp group of companies.

Court case against NDS/Newscorp/Sky dropped when "good price" offered for the two Italian operators!

There is no Digibox / Videoguard hack.

• Advertisement
Advertisement