Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitoring my elderly father - via a modified alarm system

Options
  • 27-07-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi,

For the last few years we used a great system called www.sensormind.com to give a wireless motion detector feedback to a website. In summary the idea was that if my father was moving from room to room then he is alive and well.

This system is no longer available.

QUESTION: Are there any ways of using a modified house alarm to verify that my father is alive and well. For example, could I look at a website that told me what motions sensors had been triggered in the last few hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Yes you can indeed modify a house alarm, for example, an Irish manufacturer (HKC) have recently introduced wireless beams which double up as cameras also, which you can monitor yourself.

Now other posters here might confirm this but as far as I know Risco (another manufacturer ) also does them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Risco also do them.
    Visonic do a dedicated system called Amber.
    This uses their wireless devices to confirm any number of things. Like warning you if a person is not up by a certain time, not in by a certain time if a door is left open, if something is left on. Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

KoolKid wrote: »
    Risco also do them.
    Visonic do a dedicated system called Amber.
    This uses their wireless devices to confirm any number of things. Like warning you if a person is not up by a certain time, not in by a certain time if a door is left open, if something is left on. Etc

HKC have that feature too. Very handy
    Both Risco and HKC let you know via the app what zones are currently open. HKC tells you what time the sensor was last triggered at. Eg hall motion 6/7/15 16:54

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DaveWalsh2020

Check out the nest. Com camera system for video..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 The nest stuff is pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Check out the nest. Com camera system for video..

How much a year is this service ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Evolution1 wrote: »
    How much a year is this service ?

Expensive enough for these units.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Evolution1 wrote: »
    HKC have that feature too. Very handy
    Both Risco and HKC let you know via the app what zones are currently open. HKC tells you what time the sensor was last triggered at. Eg hall motion 6/7/15 16:54

The inputs on the App are well suited to a situation like the OP wants here.

Advertisement