Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC Panel Battery Fault

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭claw14

ok, I don't want to leave the external bell going. I'll chance the battery and hopefully it fits.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭altor

claw14 wrote: »
    ok, I don't want to leave the external bell going. I'll chance the battery and hopefully it fits.

Thanks for your help.

If you leave the power on then you just need to put your code in to silence alarm when you remove the lid on the control panel.

Hi Guys,
    I have a battery sorted for the panel now. I am wondering if I should change the battery in the siren also? I know the battery in the siren has not been changed in years (6+). I don't have any errors yet but I don't want the alarm going off in the middle of the night either.
    Anyone know what type of batter is in the siren linked to the HKC 812 and if these need to be changed ?

Hi Guys,
    I have a battery sorted for the panel now. I am wondering if I should change the battery in the siren also? I know the battery in the siren has not been changed in years (6+). I don't have any errors yet but I don't want the alarm going off in the middle of the night either.
    Anyone know what type of batter is in the siren linked to the HKC 812 and if these need to be changed ?

It all depends on the external bell used.
    Do you know which type you have?

Also if you down powered the system today did the bell ring as that would indicate the battery is working.

Hi again, I am getting a tamper error on the bell box again. I believe its when the wind hits it directly. Alarm went off again with a tamper error on the bell box. Is it possible to disable the tamper switch in the bell box? I am not really concerned about it been tampered with, but it is a pain when it goes off in the middle of the night with the alarm not set.... thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi again, I am getting a tamper error on the bell box again. I believe its when the wind hits it directly. Alarm went off again with a tamper error on the bell box. Is it possible to disable the tamper switch in the bell box? I am not really concerned about it been tampered with, but it is a pain when it goes off in the middle of the night with the alarm not set.... thanks

Hi if you get up to the bell box and short out the pair connecting to the tamper switch. Alternatively remove the tamper return connection at the panel and place a 4k7 resistor across tamper return and BHO. You must leave the BHO connection in the panel also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭raheny red

I think I've a battery fault with my HKC. Every couple of hours the main panel in the hot press will begin to give a single beep every 40 seconds. Then it will stop. Couple of hours later it will start to beep again. There's no alerts etc. on the display panel. Very annoying especially since it's between our room and the baby's room.

Is it just the case of me getting a new 12V 7A battery? Turning mains off and replacing the old battery? We're only in the house 2 years so not sure when it was last changed.

Or could it be something else completely? I've attached a photo to show what the system is like. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Thanks to advice on thread, got a battery and easily replaced. Then realised I needed a 2nd battery, it was gone in each of the boxes/panels on the wall. I somehow have the eng.code so got in and did a test of all the sensors and bells and everything is back to normal!

raheny red wrote: »
    I think I've a battery fault with my HKC. Every couple of hours the main panel in the hot press will begin to give a single beep every 40 seconds. Then it will stop. Couple of hours later it will start to beep again. There's no alerts etc. on the display panel. Very annoying especially since it's between our room and the baby's room.

Is it just the case of me getting a new 12V 7A battery? Turning mains off and replacing the old battery? We're only in the house 2 years so not sure when it was last changed.

Or could it be something else completely? I've attached a photo to show what the system is like. Thanks in advance.

You sure its the panel the beeps are coming from and not a smoke detector?
    If you had a issue with the battery in the panel it would show on the keypad after you enter your code.

Also, just be careful with the mains in the control panel as its in the connector block beside the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭raheny red

:pac:
    altor wrote: »
    You sure its the panel the beeps are coming from and not a smoke detector?
    If you had a issue with the battery in the panel it would show on the keypad after you enter your code.

Also, just be careful with the mains in the control panel as its in the connector block beside the battery.

Haha ffs! You've just saved me a bit of embarrassment by not having to call someone out! There was a smoke alarm just under the panel hidden away. Why the previous owners had it there I don't know! Cheers for the that, gave me a laugh too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

sassyj wrote: »
    Thanks to advice on thread, got a battery and easily replaced. Then realised I needed a 2nd battery, it was gone in each of the boxes/panels on the wall. I somehow have the eng.code so got in and did a test of all the sensors and bells and everything is back to normal!

I have 2 panels in the house, the one at the main door is saying "panel battery fault", would you know if this is just the panel ? what sort of batter does it need ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

I have 2 panels in the house, the one at the main door is saying "panel battery fault", would you know if this is just the panel ? what sort of batter does it need ? thanks

https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/lead-acid-batteries/5375488/

They are normally 7v lead acid sealed.

Just did mine last night. easy to do at the main control box.

raheny red wrote: »
    :pac:

Haha ffs! You've just saved me a bit of embarrassment by not having to call someone out! There was a smoke alarm just under the panel hidden away. Why the previous owners had it there I don't know! Cheers for the that, gave me a laugh too! :D

:D You wont be the last person caught out by that either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/lead-acid-batteries/5375488/

They are normally 7v lead acid sealed.

Just did mine last night. easy to do at the main control box.

Careful:

Its 12 volts and 7 amps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

kub wrote: »
    Careful:

Its 12 volts and 7 amps ;)

Thats what I said :o

Thanks - so this battery is also for the keypad ? If that is the case, should'nt both my keypads be showing me the battery fault ?

Thats what I said :o

Sorry i assumed that the v you put after the number 7 meant volts.

Thanks - so this battery is also for the keypad ? If that is the case, should'nt both my keypads be showing me the battery fault ?

Well the 12 volt 7 amp unit as pictured previously is a Panel Battery and yes you are correct, both keypads should indeed be displaying the same message.

What is the make and model of your alarm panel please?

kub wrote: »
    Well the 12 volt 7 amp unit as pictured previously is a Panel Battery and yes you are correct, both keypads should indeed be displaying the same message.

What is the make and model of your alarm panel please?

It's a hkc alarm, just picked up the 12v 7amp battery but didn't open the internal box yet as I need to confirm the engineer code first and not entirely sure how todo that

• Advertisement

It's a hkc alarm, just picked up the 12v 7amp battery but didn't open the internal box yet as I need to confirm the engineer code first and not entirely sure how todo that

You shouldn't need the engineer code to change the battery on the 8/12.
    When you open the control panel simply putting in your code on keypad should turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MarkFowler100

Hi everyone. I've a HKC securewatch alarm which had been throwing up a battery fault. I went and bought a 12v 7amp battery to replace the original one and when i went to swap them out (with the power knocked off) im noticing the original battery is a 12v 3.2amp battery not a 7amp which seems odd as everywhere iv'e looked states the battery is a 7amp.

My question is will i be alright to go ahead and use the 7amp or will i run into problems with the unit being unable to charge the larger battery.

Mark

Hi everyone. I've a HKC securewatch alarm which had been throwing up a battery fault. I went and bought a 12v 7amp battery to replace the original one and when i went to swap them out (with the power knocked off) im noticing the original battery is a 12v 3.2amp battery not a 7amp which seems odd as everywhere iv'e looked states the battery is a 7amp.

My question is will i be alright to go ahead and use the 7amp or will i run into problems with the unit being unable to charge the larger battery.

Mark

Yes that is perfect.
    The 7 Amp battery will keep your alarm going longer in the event of a mains failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Hi all

Can anyone confirm when it says panel battery fault its reffering to the battery in the main alarm box as opposed to the key pad. I had in my head the key pad is the "control panel" so thought I had to replace the battery there but its wired to the mains with no battery. Perhaps the main box is the control panel as it controls everything?

Yes, back up battery is located in main control panel on most systems.

Thanks a million for the reply. I should be able to replace that all going well!

• Advertisement

Hi,

This worked a treat. Thanks for the advice. Although a neighbours alarms was going off all night which everytime it woke me I thought I'd done something wrong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Hi guys, great thread. Our HKC alarm installed approx6 years ago has a battery panel fault. No alarm or beeps just a flashing red light on the control panel, when I punch in our code it says battery panel fault and yesterdays date and time. So the battery that needs to be replaced is in the main panel (above the keypad) with the spur box next to it? Is this something I can do myself of will I need to call an alarm tech? Thanks in advance for any advice.

The battery you will need is a 7Amp, open main control panel and replace.

If alarm beeps or activates just put your code in on the keypad.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Looks like I have something similar this morning. Lights flashing on the keypad too. In my sleepy state earlier I read it as Battery fit, rather than fault.

Something that I can fix myself or will I just call the alarm company?

Yes, can be done yourself.

If its a 10270 you need a 12V 7 Amp battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bstens

Hi guys, I fitted a new battery today in the main alarm box. However I am still getting Panel battery fault on my alarm. I thought I might be able to clear it in the engineer menu but can’t find an option. Keypad model is

Sw1070 v3.1.1 (I think!)

any help would be appreciated

A new battery in the 10270 should clear the fault.

You didn't happen to connect the battery terminals the wrong way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wayne Byrne

Hi

I have a KHC alarm panel installed BY ADT today we had our smart meter installed and when the power came back the control panel wont stop beeping the batter light is green and the fault and alarm lights are just constitantly flashing its asking for a user code which I dont have any more ,

Can anyone help

The user code would be the code you set up to turn the alarm on and off.

If the green light is flashing the system is not getting a mains supply.

Could be a blown fuse, trip switch down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 wilson palacios

I had the exact same issue today. Put in the new battery. 12v 7.0 amp.

have it connected correctly. But the alarm for battery fault came in later.

im hoping that the battery was sitting on the shelf in screwfix for a while and the it just needs a good charge over night. Hopefully alarm will clear. Any ideas anyone?

Might just be an issue with the new battery.

It defo says system battery fault and not RF battery fault?

Ye it’s a wired alarm so there’s no wireless sensors. Do you think it might just need a good charge?

Could be if it was left on a shelf.

A full charge should sort it.

Cheers, I’ll update here when I find out! 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gymgear Equipment

Hi Folks

Have a HKC Alarm showing panel battery fault.Changed the 12v bolt battery but the fault is still showing on the Panel.I tried to turn of at the mains with battery disconnected to clear the fault.It stayed of for 20/30 minutes then reapperaed.Any help greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

I'm no expert in this but did you select Replace battery in the service menu ?

We got the batteries replaced in our system a few days ago & the battery came with an instruction sheet which I have attached.

As I said I'm no expert but maybe this will help.

Ignore the writing as this is when we had our batteries changed.

May be an issue with the new battery itself.

The new battery should clear the fault after a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Old thread but having the battery fault error message on my HKC alarm system today, do i need the engineer code to replace the battery or is it just a case of:

1. Powering off the mains.
    2. Open the casing, replace the battery
    3. Power the mains back on and the fault should just be gone?

Post edited by davo2001 on

• Advertisement

Yes to the above.

You will get a tamper alarm but putting in the code will stop this while working on the alarm.

External bell will ring when the power is disconnected but will restore once you are finished

Advertisement