Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem connecting to Hikvision IP camera

Options
  • 21-02-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Got a Hikvision bullet IP camera DC-2CD2032-1 - have it set up for PoE use

Out of the box i got SADP on a laptop & changed the IP address to suit the home network; it is set up with a unique IP address on port 8000; the camera is running software version 5.2 build 140721 - bought it from a UK company but I think its a direct chinese import rather then UK specific stock
    I've tested the cable it is on & its fine; its the only thing connected to the POE injector
    • Sometimes I can ping it, some times not; it seems to wake up
    • I can see in on SADP & then it suddenly disapears, SADP wont allow me to change details now even though it did at the start
    • Twice I have been able to get access to the camera via its IP number & log on...this did not last; just disappeared again
    • It shows up as a camera on the synolgy NAS with the correct details but keeps says its has lost connect. Once I've been able to view the camera through surveillance station
    Am using a vodafone router that is fairly new & looking to connect to a Synology NAS once I can get access to it
    Am pulling my hair out TBH - there is something fundamentally wrong, it just keep changing - advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried it with an external power source?
    Have you tried it on another cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

have tried a different network cable which made no difference but not an external power source as I don't have on to fit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

BigGeorge wrote: »
    have tried a different network cable which made no difference but not an external power source as I don't have on to fit

By the sounds of it the power is the issue.
    Are the LEDs staying on when you cant connect or is it just powering down?

Good question - it is powered all the time, LEDs stay on no problem - just looses connection

Good question - it is powered all the time, LEDs stay on no problem - just looses connection

They should only come on in the dark or on first power up. If they stay on all the time it might be an issue with the camera not getting enough power to power to start up correctly. I have a poe ip camera set up off an eircom router but still need to give it power.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What have you got it connected to?
    Have you anything else to check the POE injector is OK?

OK, have been working on it. The IR light ( red) comes on whenever it is dark & there is someone near it so it getting power alright.

Have just pinged it & all is OK but when I goto to log into the camera via a browser. I managed to get the image up with sighthound though. When I did manage to get to the camera on the browser earlier today with the Hikvision login , when I went to log in it gave a ' network abnormal' error and would not allow me any further. Sometimes SADP will find it...sometimes not. Just pinged it now again & it says 'request timed out'. Pinged it now again & it works fine....I just don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BbSean

OK, have been working on it. The IR light ( red) comes on whenever it is dark & there is someone near it so it getting power alright.

Have just pinged it & all is OK but when I goto to log into the camera via a browser. I managed to get the image up with sighthound though. When I did manage to get to the camera on the browser earlier today with the Hikvision login , when I went to log in it gave a ' network abnormal' error and would not allow me any further. Sometimes SADP will find it...sometimes not. Just pinged it now again & it says 'request timed out'. Pinged it now again & it works fine....I just don't know

Could it be that the network speed is wrong or a duplex issue?

If possible try switching the speed to auto negotiate.
    The hub I have had a 100mb port, maybe check yours and try a different port.

Its an unmanaged gigabit switch so nothing I can tinker with there & also I've the camera connected to the VF router which is 100MB supposedly. is there any particular port I need to have open?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BbSean

Its an unmanaged gigabit switch so nothing I can tinker with there & also I've the camera connected to the VF router which is 100MB supposedly. is there any particular port I need to have open?

Apologies if I am getting this wrong...

Am I right in thinking that you are trying to access this over the LAN rather than over the internet?

If so then you wont or rather shouldn't need to open any ports as there would be no firewall between your camera and the device your connecting to it from.

If you are connecting from the internet then yes, you would need to open a port and also probably use NAT to forward to the camera.

Apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs.

It could be a speed mismatch, the camera is capable of 10 0r 100 Mbs, if its plugged into a gig switch that might be the issue.

Just reread your last post, the camera is plugged into the VF router...try a different port...

Finally, I would be tempted to reset and try again.

• Advertisement

Defo sounds like it is starting up then going off line again. The only reason for this I would assume is the power. I have a bullet set up on my router but it needed an extra power source to work. Also have you tried the software that comes with the camera to see if you can see it through that as apposed to a web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

were you able to get sorted BigGeorge ?

having the same problem with a hikvision camera as well, I can access via wireless, I get a picture for 5seconds and then the whole lot goes offline, I just can't figure it out

what software are you running to operate the camera ?

Im not short of power, I have 220V and only a 1m extension lead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

Got a Hikvision bullet IP camera DC-2CD2032-1 - have it set up for PoE use

Out of the box i got SADP on a laptop & changed the IP address to suit the home network; it is set up with a unique IP address on port 8000; the camera is running software version 5.2 build 140721 - bought it from a UK company but I think its a direct chinese import rather then UK specific stock
    I've tested the cable it is on & its fine; its the only thing connected to the POE injector
    • Sometimes I can ping it, some times not; it seems to wake up
    • I can see in on SADP & then it suddenly disapears, SADP wont allow me to change details now even though it did at the start
    • Twice I have been able to get access to the camera via its IP number & log on...this did not last; just disappeared again
    • It shows up as a camera on the synolgy NAS with the correct details but keeps says its has lost connect. Once I've been able to view the camera through surveillance station
    Am using a vodafone router that is fairly new & looking to connect to a Synology NAS once I can get access to it
    Am pulling my hair out TBH - there is something fundamentally wrong, it just keep changing - advice greatly appreciated

Im using the same camera but cannot get SADP to operate, it installs but can't appear to see anything on the network

what am I doing wrong

Honestly, I have no idea. I've downloaded the fresh toolkit from Hikvision and run it all. The camera keeps dropping in & out. I tried another piece of hikvision software called IVMS which is a bit more stable.

Where did you get yours from & what is the firmware number?
    Starting to wonder if Hikvision is indeed any good as this has taken hours of my time already to end up back where I started

Have been using SADP which it the recommended hikvision software...sometimes it sees the camera, sometimes not. There is power going in via a PoE injector which is lit & seems OK. Tried sighthound which picked it up for a few minute but then dropped it

This is the injector I'm using

//www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-PORT-PASSIVE-POE-48V-POWER-INJECTOR-For-WiFi-APs-IP-cameras-VOIP-phones-/201139112065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed4d34881

Have cable tested the network cable & all is OK, with a cat5e cable tester

So if those are OK, it only leaves a problem with the router / patch panel or the camera itself

Have been using SADP which it the recommended hikvision software...sometimes it sees the camera, sometimes not. There is power going in via a PoE injector which is lit & seems OK. Tried sighthound which picked it up for a few minute but then dropped it

This is the injector I'm using

//www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-PORT-PASSIVE-POE-48V-POWER-INJECTOR-For-WiFi-APs-IP-cameras-VOIP-phones-/201139112065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed4d34881

Have cable tested the network cable & all is OK, with a cat5e cable tester

So if those are OK, it only leaves a problem with the router / patch panel or the camera itself

Have you a 12V power supply you can connect to the camera?

Ok, after much trial & error....& I mean a lot , I have narrowed the problem down to one single piece of equipment on the network.

I have an old eircom netopia DSL router (2247 I think) that I was using in bridging mode to give me additional wireless signal ( over and above the VF wireless DSL router on the main incoming line)- so its not running as a router really I supporse. When this device is plugged into the network it is causing some sort of network problem where SADP cannot find the CCTV camera & i cannot log into the camera ( even though I'm wired into the network & not accessing using the netopia router). The minute I take the netopia router off the network the camera operates properly & is accessible...no bother at all. I;ve tried it both ways about 20 times. It seems hard to believe TBH

it looks like the simple act of having this netopia router sitting on the network means the Hiksvision camera is kinda bricked...even though they are in no way directly connected.They are about 30 metres apart. I've changed the cabling running to the netopia to see was there an issue there & it gave the same result = hikvision camera not accessible or operational.

I;ve put other equipment ( laptops / PCs / NAS ) on the network & the camera works fine....its just the netopia router that is causing hassle.

Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Ok, after much trial & error....& I mean a lot , I have narrowed the problem down to one single piece of equipment on the network.

I have an old eircom netopia DSL router (2247 I think) that I was using in bridging mode to give me additional wireless signal ( over and above the VF wireless DSL router on the main incoming line)- so its not running as a router really I supporse. When this device is plugged into the network it is causing some sort of network problem where SADP cannot find the CCTV camera & i cannot log into the camera ( even though I'm wired into the network & not accessing using the netopia router). The minute I take the netopia router off the network the camera operates properly & is accessible...no bother at all. I;ve tried it both ways about 20 times. It seems hard to believe TBH

it looks like the simple act of having this netopia router sitting on the network means the Hiksvision camera is kinda bricked...even though they are in no way directly connected.They are about 30 metres apart. I've changed the cabling running to the netopia to see was there an issue there & it gave the same result = hikvision camera not accessible or operational.

I;ve put other equipment ( laptops / PCs / NAS ) on the network & the camera works fine....its just the netopia router that is causing hassle.

Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Have you tried a different router?
    There must be some setting blocking the camera.

Not yet. its not clear to me why it would interfere with the network & with devices that are not directly connected- the minute a network cable is plugged into the bridged router it start to interfere with the camera

Maybe there is a port setting that I need to change or the router itself ( to another one that can do bridging mode) ..thats the next step

Not yet. its not clear to me why it would interfere with the network & with devices that are not directly connected- the minute a network cable is plugged into the bridged router it start to interfere with the camera

Maybe there is a port setting that I need to change or the router itself ( to another one that can do bridging mode) ..thats the next step

Not sure why either if you are just using it as a bridge.
    Has to be some setting the camera does not like tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Covack

Big George did You get this resolved
    I have a Netopia 3347, I'm having the same exact problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

guys, i have installed these cameras. Please make sure the ip address you set is within the range of the router. If the route gives ips from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 then set the IP address of the camera to 192.168.1.10 or something within the range. You also set the port so say you set it to 8000

Once it gets an ip, you can access the camera by entering in http://192.168.1.10:8000 in your browser and you should get the login screen

I know what you mean on the IP address, turns out the whole time that the issue with my Hikvision camera was caused by an Eircom DSL router sitting on my home network- once I took that out the problem disapeared

• Registered Users Posts: 23 riskavarian

Hi,

I have the horizon upc router with 240mb broadband.

I have 1 ip camera set up that is working and sending email notifications on motion detection.

However, after some research I have decided to upgrade(well thats what I thought).

I bought 2 hikvision DS-2CD2032-I ip bullet cameras.
    I also bought a TP-LINK AV500 Powerline Adapter with AC Pass through. Model No. TL-PA4010PKIT. It has 2 adapters. 1 that links to router(A) and one that the links into camera(B).

When I pair the tp link adapaters the power and powerline is lighting. If I link adapter B to my laptop all the lights are on.

The IR light doesnt come on in my ip camera when i have it in the dark. It seems like the IP camera is not getting any power. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Are you trying to power the camera from the powerline adapter?

Yes. Thats the plan. I dont have adapter to otherwise power it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

They won't power the camera. Why can't you power it locally via a 12dc PSU.

Why wont it power it? I thought this would provide power and internet connection to it?

On the hardware spec it says its typical power consumption is 4.60 w(220v/50Hz).

So can no ip camera be powered using poe? What does the poe do.....just provide a "wired" connection to broadband?

If I want to put this camera outside my house what is my best options here then considering I want a few wires as possible and remote connectivity,

POE does not mean just a wired internet connection. It has to be from a POE switch.
    Every internet connection & every switch is not POE enabled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If you only want one cable going to the camera you need a PoE injector AFTER the home plug connected to the camera. Both devices only have 10/100 Mb ports so you'll get away with one that operates at this speed. The PoE spec the camera is compatible with is 802.3-af, so I can only recommend you get an injector that implements this spec. You might be able to get away with a non-standard 48 V passive injector (cheaper) but I'm not in a position to say that this will work or recommend any models. I'd do a bit of research and Google what injectors have been found to be compatible with this camera.

Advertisement