Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music

• 03-04-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi,

We are plugging a mp3 for the music after the band. Which songs do you think should No be missed in the list?

I have thought just know,

on from Bon Jovi,
    We will rock you from Queen
    La Bamba

Start adding please ...:-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

If you use iTunes, enable the "Genius" function. When you choose one song iTunes will scan your music library and create playlists of 25 songs that complement the one you chose. Also, wedding planning websites like The Knot and Martha Stewart Weddings have sample playlists for different moods--old style cocktail music, romantic, dance, etc.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Now you might think some of these are crap but its about getting as much people up dancing as possible. Get the ladies up and you're on a winner :D

Dexies midnight runners: Come on Eileen
    Whitney Houston: I wanna dance with somebody
    Elvis - Suspicious minds
    The Cure - boys don't cry
    Cyndy Lauper - Girls just wanna have fun
    Lady Gaga - bad romance
    Franz Ferdinand - take me out
    James Brown - get on the good foot :cool:
    The beatles - twist and shout
    Jackie wilson - reet petite
    Put em under pressure (my favourite :D)
    The Strokes - Last night
    Blur - Song 2
    Beyonce - all the single ladies

How do you dance to 'we will rock you' :D Enjoy, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ana_conda

John Paul Young - Love is in the air

its a must

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi,

We are plugging a mp3 for the music after the band. Which songs do you think should No be missed in the list?

I have thought just know,

on from Bon Jovi,
    We will rock you from Queen
    La Bamba

Start adding please ...:-)

Some of the dj websites have sample playlists for potential clients to peruse.
    May I ask what you are using as PA? Unless you are using the bands you will need a pretty decent system to match their output or you may be disappointed with the guests response. I may biased but have seen this go wrong if its not done correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lazerwolf

Anything by Michael Jackson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Think of who you will have there and what songs they like?

While we had a band and DJ, we made sure that he played a particular song that my friend's husband and her dad do a party piece to. Also when you come away from the hen and stag, there's usually a song which was really popular that weekend, and reminds people of it, eg when my husband hears Neyo "Everything Tonight" he thinks of his stag, "Rolling on a River" was the song from my friend's hen and we even had made up a little dance to the chorus which we did at the wedding etc.
    Ya can beat a bit of Macarena/ Saturday Night/Rock the Boat - as cheesy as they are, they get people out on the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Eh, this thread is over 4 years old....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

andreac wrote: »
    Eh, this thread is over 4 years old....

Ah sh*te! I didn't notice that, I just seen it in recent threads. Time wasted thinking and writing that reply (and this one!!)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Lazerwolf, please stop resurrecting threads that are years old. This thread was started in 2011, so it's safe to assume that the OP is married by this stage.

I see that you are new to the site, so I recommend that you have a read of the boards.ie Guidelines & FAQs also each forum that you visit has an individual Charter which outlines the rules for that specific forum. It's very important to read a forum's charter before you start posting there.

The charter for Weddings, Marriage & Civil Partnership is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement