Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed term contract query.

Options
  • 28-05-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I'll be getting my 3rd fixed term contract for the ETB school I teach in during the summer, well at least that's what is being implied by my principal. The position I have is there because both VP and the principal are "acting" in their roles. My question is will these 3 years contribute to a CID contract or do the hours need to be mine? I am going to contact HR about it as I've seen a few other jobs I'd be interested in and I am considering applying but if I become eligible for CID at the end of next year I might stay put.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

I am open to correction here but by my understanding the hours only have to be yours in year 3 for the cid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

This is a complicated one.

For as long as you are substituting for someone acting-up, you will not get a CID for those hours, and that can be six or seven years in some cases.

However, if you are renewed on another basis (ie. your own hours), and you have already served 3 years (in your case by August 2015), you can get a CID as the service counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭themusicman

It's all about the wording of the contract
    There is a world of difference between a fixed term and a fixed purpose contract.
    Fixed term...the hours are counting for CID
    Fixed purpose....there will be no CID...ever......but if you transfer to a fixed term contract then the fixed purpose contract counts as time already served...
    Hope that helps.....I've dealt with the issue and it can be very upsetting for people to be covering career breaks etc and discover that others are in a better position re CIDs even though they may have shorter service and less hours

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

There is a world of difference between a fixed term and a fixed purpose contract.
    Fixed purpose....there will be no CID...ever......but if you transfer to a fixed term contract then the fixed purpose contract counts as time already served...
    Hope that helps.....I've dealt with the issue and it can be very upsetting for people to be covering career breaks etc and discover that others are in a better position re CIDs even though they may have shorter service and less hours

Thanks I'll have a re read of the contract and see what it says. Still have to contact hr. The original principal who was seconded to the VEC has been made permanent in her role so I presume it's a matter of time before things are sorted in our place.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Thanks I'll have a re read of the contract and see what it says. Still have to contact hr. The original principal who was seconded to the VEC has been made permanent in her role so I presume it's a matter of time before things are sorted in our place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement