Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Teacher Subbing?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi,

i'm just finished 2nd year training to be a primary teacher. i'm just wondering would i be able to get days subbing in schools, i know a few people have got this through their family who work in a school, but just wondering would i be able to ask schools for days subbing?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You can ask, but if you don't have a Teaching Council number it may mean you won't get hired. There are hundreds of fully qualified teachers out there, subbing is very difficult to get.
    The other thing I would say is that if you were qualified, you might resent an unqualified sub taking scarce work from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

imelle wrote: »
    Hi,

i'm just finished 2nd year training to be a primary teacher. i'm just wondering would i be able to get days subbing in schools, i know a few people have got this through their family who work in a school, but just wondering would i be able to ask schools for days subbing?

Probably not, no. When you are qualified, you will have your turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 poolsandles

Don't think you can get paid without a teaching council number now. Schools are inundated with qualified teachers looking for work so your chances are slim I would imagine.

Advertisement