Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New agreement on 33 Hours

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

25tg also had option of 21 or 22. Voted as 25th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

seavill wrote: »
    What has that got to do with anything, get a grip for god sake
    It was teacherhead who mentioned "graduations". Why shouldn't I respond to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

endakenny wrote: »
    It was teacherhead who mentioned "graduations". Why shouldn't I respond to it?

Because the technicalities of the word grad which is used all over has got nothing to do with the thread in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

endakenny wrote: »
    The traditional understanding of the word "graduation" is that it means receiving a certificate for the course that you have studied after passing the final exams of that course. The farewell ceremonies for Leaving Cert students take place before even the first exam starts, never mind before the results are published. Therefore, the referral to farewell ceremonies as "graduations" is blatantly erroneous and one of the most BS forms of political correctness.

blatantly erroneous or otherwise that is what they are called. it doesn't change what I was saying.

this post adds nothing to the debate, it splits a hair.

in any case the ceremonies are a very important part of every school year in most schools and will continue unabated....

Advertisement