Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Bootloader HTC Wildfire S

Options
  • 09-05-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Unlocked my HTC Desire S in no more than 10mins from start to finish. Email was instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 htcocacola

was instant when i unlocked my sensation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sounds like a HTC issue, I did a desire and it was instant, I got my Wildfire S s-off ages ago, I was waiting far too long for HTC to unlock the bootloader, made my flashing life hassle free!

Currently running 4.04 ics cm9, still a few issues with the Rom, most should be ironed out by this weeks compile.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Was thinking the same myself, my Wildfire S is acting up a lot lately and wanted to try rooting it. Found a good guide here

Seems handy enough, but wanted to make sure that I didnt **** it up first.

Any of the Mindhaxor/jikantaru ones on xda are derivatives of stock roms, should be a good starting point, app2sd aswell for lots of apps,make sure she has a decent speed SD card....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Can anybody help me here: My Wildfire is currently Software version 1.33.401.2,
    Android 2.3.3.

When I try to get the bootloader RUU for HTCdev, there doesnt seem to be one for the software version.

I tried the HTC EU (with ROM 2.13.401.3) but when i run the bootloader it askes to update software. But when i check my phone for software updates it says its up to date.

• Advertisement

Ended up sticking CM7 on it last night to see how she finds that. First impressions are good. Much quicker and no freezing/lagging yet.

Only problem is the internal memory. Do you use the apps2sd that's in the market? I remember when I had a ZTE Blade I was able to repartition the internal memory to store more apps. Is something similar available here as not all apps can be moved to SD card with the apps2sd app.

Sorry,
    I am getting mixed up, its data2sd script I use on Wfs, I use a2sd on my gfs Acer phone!

I just install the zip for data2sd, after first boot, its over on xda, from what I gather, the from has to have busy box pre install for it to work, but I have used roms that haven't and it works fine so in not sure whether busy box is required......

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Unlocked my HTC Desire S in no more than 10mins from start to finish. Email was instant.

Hi guys - what's the email you used?
    Have been looking on the site and can't find it!
    I have HTC Desire S
    thanks

You don't send an email to anybody you receive it after you put in certain information from your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Thanks I actually just emailed my service provider and they are going to do it for me!

Thanks I actually just emailed my service provider and they are going to do it for me!
    I don't think its a good idea for you to unlock your bootloader if you have trouble following the simple instructions on the website, you could seriously damage your phone down the line.

Advertisement