Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300 to €400 to spend on laptop

Options
  • 26-10-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

will i get much for that ? its main use is for going onto the Internet what do you guys think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The laptop forum is that way -->

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

There you go.

If I had the money and didn't want to do any gaming,
    this would be my choice.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=366293

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

For internet, there won't be a problem with a €400 laptop.

Unfortunately, most of the cheap laptops have Vista these days, which doesnt run so well on low systems. So I would look at getting the best processor you can, and also plan on upgrading the ram after purchasing.

Dell have a dual-core Vostro 860 for €330(+vat), I would probably look at something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

For internet, there won't be a problem with a €400 laptop.

Unfortunately, most of the cheap laptops have Vista these days, which doesnt run so well on low systems. So I would look at getting the best processor you can, and also plan on upgrading the ram after purchasing.

Dell have a dual-core Vostro 860 for €330(+vat), I would probably look at something like that.

Don't think that processor's dual core it's a Celeron 560 on the €330 model

Mind you just spotted in the specs that it also comes with Ubuntu installed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Don't think that processor's dual core it's a Celeron 560 on the €330 model

Mind you just spotted in the specs that it also comes with Ubuntu installed
    When I posted, the info was accurate. €329 ex vat/del for the cheapest Vostro A860 dual-core model (T2930).

That was a few days ago, Dells prices and deals change regularly. Its €349 (ex vat/del) now.

It comes with Vista Basic. The Vostro A860 isn't available with Ubuntu in Ireland yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement