Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Tape At The End= Joke!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

Just look at both sides:

Higher Irish is leaps and bounds ahead of Ordinary, the standard is actually huge. The very fact that ppl in my school had the exam done in under 1hr and passed with flying colours exemplifies Ordinary's easiness.

Honours only get a 10 min break after a 3hr 20 mins exam, if you are aiming for an A1 you need 3 hrs at least! And to be fair to the SEC, they have the assumption that everyone is going for an A..or at least as high as they can achieve. Personally, I found it very hard, after all I was writing and focused intensely for 3hrs non- stop!

I don't agree with Ordinary listening to our tape, for Honours students it's a doddle but Ordinary suffer, severely. Very, very unfair

To have the listening before the exam is not attractive as it sounds. You wouldn't have Irish "floating around in your head" if ya know what I mean. I can assure ye, If the aural was before the written ye'd be saying it should be after!

In all honesty, the aural for higher this year was simple, absolutely simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dshalloo

Ya totally agree!! Its a bit of a joke, but i forgot all about it when the tape said bye at the end the room collappsed into laughter lol

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

nerd3000 wrote: »

I don't agree with Ordinary listening to our tape, for Honours students it's a doddle but Ordinary suffer, severely. Very, very unfair

that's a good point, not everyone has the same ability to understand what they hear.
    In all honesty, the aural for higher this year was simple, absolutely simple!

thought I was the only one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Honours only get a 10 min break after a 3hr 20 mins exam, if you are aiming for an A1 you need 3 hrs at least! And to be fair to the SEC, they have the assumption that everyone is going for an A..or at least as high as they can achieve.

I disagree, I was going for an A but I left both papers after and hour and a half.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Last year we all went down to Qurkies and played about an hour and a half of pool, the fact I'm repeating is merely a coincedense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Got a severe fit of the giggles when I heard yer man's voice... That Iarthar na tíre squeak just sent me into overload... Were his balls dropping or something??? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

Got a severe fit of the giggles when I heard yer man's voice... That Iarthar na tíre squeak just sent me into overload... Were his balls dropping or something??? :p

was the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard...first time i had laughed in about a week! was only able to answer the last q properly cos it was so weird, but itd make ya wonder where in the name they get these people!

hahahaha!!!

It was also wierd cos the first part of cuid A was about the grant me and my friend are going for and we knew everything about it!!! sweeeet :D

****, I really amnt going to get that after my shocking shocking Maths paper 2...ah well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

..and here was me thinking the title of this thread was in relation to the Northern b*llocks they stuck on the end of it :pac:

Oh it is!!! It very much is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Finally being partially deaf came through for me :D, I finished my Aural for Irish and French about 4 weeks before the LC :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

Just look at both sides:

To have the listening before the exam is not attractive as it sounds. You wouldn't have Irish "floating around in your head" if ya know what I mean. I can assure ye, If the aural was before the written ye'd be saying it should be after!

Students sitting OL have different Qs though which are much easier as a lot of them are multiple choice and only require a basic understanding of the tape.

Yeah I agree...I think I'd be distracted during the written paper if the aural was first.

Advertisement