Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help finding school that lets you skip ty

Options
  • 24-07-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am in an all girls school that doesn't let you skip 4th year and need to find a school that lets me skip 4th year that is all girls and is in south-west dublin or town does anybody know any good schools?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Have you talked to your principal about skipping TY? My school 'doesn't let you skip TY', but I know one or two cases where people have been allowed to. I'd say ultimately the school would like to stay and go into 5th year instead of leaving for somewhere else! Make your case, with the help of your parents/guardians and see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Why does it have to be an all girls school? If you do TY what age will you be sitting the leaving or going into 1st year of college. Will TY place an exceptional financial strain on your family?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many schools, if you are coming from another school after JC, will make you do TY to settle in and to see what you are like.

Advertisement