Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to apply for jobs?? (Primary)

Options
  • 21-05-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have recently finished my studies (B.Ed - Primary Teaching) and I am still awaiting final results and registration with the Teaching Council. At the moment, I'm seeing a lot of jobs being posted that would suit me down to the ground, but I feel like if I apply with literally no qualifications of yet, the school will just throw away the application. At the same time, I don't feel like I should be sitting on my ass waiting for things to fall into place. Should I just start applying now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GraceC92

Hey, I was in the same boat when I finished last year. I decided to apply for anything that came up and while I wasn't offered a job, I did get to experience the interview process which I think will help me even more when applying this year. When I applied I just put 'pending' in both the teaching council registration section and exam results section. Good luck :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Apply to anything you see, you'd never know your luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 skytl

Who is the best to use as references when just finished college and starting to apply?

TP supervisors?

School Principals from TP?

People you've worked with through summer camps?

Lecturers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GraceC92

I used 2 teachers who had seen me teach during my final 2 teaching practices when I was teaching all day and then I also used a principal who knew me well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Apply now! I secured my job in June, without final results or Teaching Council registration. Say that they are pending. I had two teachers, a principal, and a lecturer as referees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement