Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Teacher Vacancy in Essex school - 45 minute train journey from London

Options
  • 30-05-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Dear all,
    I am leaving a school in Essex after having taught there for 3 years. I am the Key Stage 5 co-ordinator for maths which basically means I look after all the A level maths classes. We have one Year 13 class currently - 7 students, and two Year 12 classes with about 12 students in each. The A level maths department is growing however and there will be 3 Year 12 classes next year. A level maths is more difficult than Honours leaving Cert maths and each class is given 6 hours a week of tuition.

It is difficult to recruit maths teachers in the UK,and I am worried we will not have recruited a replacement for me by September. The prior maths knowledge of some of the students would be below that of other students around the country and due to the previous culture of the school the students are not strong initially at studying independently.
    They are great great kids and I am looking for someone who will work hard with them, has a strong subject knowledge of maths, and is willing to brush up on any topics that would be new to them. You will also be working amongst teachers that I have the utmost respect for, and that make a difference to their students each and every day. If you successfully interview I will pass over all my resources to you.

You will ost likely have a half and half timetable of both GCSE and A level groups. I am moving back to Ireland to be closer to family and to my partner of several years.

If you are interested please email me.

Advertisement