Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Buy A Galaxy S 2 Today Advise

Options
  • 17-09-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am torn. Should I buy a Galazy S 2 now and wait for the S3. Going to switch from 02 to Meteor. I am getting 2GB, 200 texts and 200 mins with them at the moment but they told me if I upgrade I need to sign a new contact with will only have 250mb of data. Told them I'd move to meteor. They wouldnt budge so off I go !! I can wait a while before I upgrade but I have HTC desire and hate it now due to lack of space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

How much is that price plan a month? You should maybe check out the deals that 3 have got on with the all you can eat data.

But yes, if you are looking to upgrade go for the sgs 2. It's a great phone, some wee differences between the HTC and Samsung but nothing major. And it's fairly easy to root/flash/unlock yourself.

As for space on your Desire, try moving apps onto your sd card and clearing the cache on any apps you don't really use that often (or just uninstall them!) and that should free up a bit of space for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've used the S1 a bit and the S2 is a step above my current X10, I'd definitely recommend it. Its basically the the "iPhone" of the android market, and with good reason. By the time you wait for an S3, there'll be a new HTC or moto a month away, and then you just end up waiting forever. Tech moves too fast to bother holding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

I got Samsung Galaxy II yesterday on 3.ie
    http://www.three.ie/shop/products/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-black.html?_selectedTariff=billpay&_defaultPriceplan=25
    Cheapest provider around IMO and I'm with them two years no complaints.
    Is very very similar to the iPhone 4 which is probably why Apple are suing them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

http://www.three.ie/shop/products/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-black.html?_selectedTariff=billpay&_defaultPriceplan=25
    Is very very similar to the iPhone 4 which is probably why Apple are suing them:)

Funny that, Apple suing Samsung, guess who makes most of the internals for the iphone.........Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

xz wrote: »

Funny that, Apple suing Samsung, guess who makes most of the internals for the iphone.........Samsung

I have just got the HTC Sensation just two weeks ago and it was my first ever android fone... I can't be without it now..its incredible.. the only flaw I have with it and to me its not a reason to not consider it is the sound from the speaker isn't as good as I would wish it or expect it to be.

I did not bother with many minutes as i use the whatsap and viber quite a bit but i did pay for the unlimited data..as I stream quite a bit on the go... Ie the world cup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Should you buy the SGS2 today....

Yes.

Picked up mine last week and all I can say is I love it. Really... It's wrong to love an inanimate object so much but I don't care, we are ment to be together. Bat could be better but nothing is perfect. This is close though.

I have just got the HTC Sensation just two weeks ago and it was my first ever android fone... I can't be without it now..its incredible.. the only flaw I have with it and to me its not a reason to not consider it is the sound from the speaker isn't as good as I would wish it or expect it to be.

I did not bother with many minutes as i use the whatsap and viber quite a bit but i did pay for the unlimited data..as I stream quite a bit on the go... Ie the world cup

Good luck with your new phone :D, whatsapp and viber are all fine and well, providing most of your contacts have it also, unfortunately for me a lot of my contacts have archaic phones :(, The unlimited data is great, was able to watch the Arsenal v Blackburn game while out and about doing the dreaded shopping today with the family

Should you buy the SGS2 today....

Yes.

Picked up mine last week and all I can say is I love it. Really... It's wrong to love an inanimate object so much but I don't care, we are ment to be together. Bat could be better but nothing is perfect. This is close though.

+1, definitely go for it, no regrets here.......even my wife has to admit, it's great. (she has an iphone4),Flash support won me over, and the fact that Android phones can be personalised to suit you, not what the Manufacturer thinks suits, as in Apples case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

thegoth wrote: »
    Hi,

I am torn. Should I buy a Galazy S 2 now and wait for the S3. Going to switch from 02 to Meteor. I am getting 2GB, 200 texts and 200 mins with them at the moment but they told me if I upgrade I need to sign a new contact with will only have 250mb of data. Told them I'd move to meteor. They wouldnt budge so off I go !! I can wait a while before I upgrade but I have HTC desire and hate it now due to lack of space.

Far be it from me to advice against buying a new phone but I rooted my Desire when the 2.3 update came out and it gave it a new lease of life. After rooting and getting a2sd+ setup apps install onto the sd card by default and all the issues with internal memory go away. Then you can wait and get a new phone when ICS (Android 4.0) comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

Good luck with your new phone :D, whatsapp and viber are all fine and well, providing most of your contacts have it also, unfortunately for me a lot of my contacts have archaic phones :(, The unlimited data is great, was able to watch the Arsenal v Blackburn game while out and about doing the dreaded shopping today with the family
    What website /app are you using to watch football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

I know its a great phone alright. I bought my GF one the day it came out. I am torn between buying a phone that is almost 4 months into a 8 or 12 month life cycle as the S3 will be out in the first half of next year. Think I will get it on a 12 month contract. Never signing a 18 month contact again if I can help it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

How is this phone for cover in areas with poor reception? I've an iPhone3 with Vodaphone, and my son's €39 pay as you go phone has reception with the same providor, while my iPhone has none.

It seems that many smart-phones aren't so smart where making phone calls is concerned. Can anyone recommend an Android phone that works really well in rural areas with poor reception?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I used a private stream site called flashsportstreams.tv and the streams are fine on my S2 and my old S1 over wifi through the stock android browser.

OP, the only fault I have with the S2 is the really poor GPS signal. I had the same GPS issues with the original Galaxy S. There's an app called GPS Aids that sort of fixes it but it's annoying having to use it if you want instant GPS access. Btw if you port to Meteor via fatcheese.ie you get €40 or €45 cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

There are many

The rugby is on a free legit streamers filmOn tv app you cam get it on the android market. Most of the channels are stupid but itv and BBC are there and the rugby is in itv.

The soccer and other sports are on many p2p sites. We could tell you but we would have to kill you (actually thevreason we can't tell you is its against forum rules I think)

footballstreaminginfo.net will give you links to most sites streaming matches

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The soccer and other sports are on many p2p sites. We could tell you but we would have to kill you (actually thevreason we can't tell you is its against forum rules I think)

All P2P streaming links are available in the sport forums where they are allowed.

Advertisement