Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M1330 Battery Problem

• 26-10-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Dell M1330 and for the last two weeks it won't charge. It can't recognise the power adapter.

It will still run when it's plugged in but the battery won't charge.

Would ye say this is a power adapter problem or a fault with the battery?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If it will run when it's plugged in then that rules out the pwer adapter, how old is the laptop? Lithium ion batteries will degenerate over time, if the machine is relatively old this could be the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey,

Machine is about 14 months old. It's out of warranty so looks like forking out for a new battery :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

If the system can't identify the power adaptor, the problem is likely either the power supply (damaged connector etc), or the connection between the motherboard and psu socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

stick the battery in the Freezer for 24 hours... happened to me.. and it actually works..

make sure the battery is completely dry before you put in back into the laptop

Icdb wrote: »
    stick the battery in the Freezer for 24 hours... happened to me.. and it actually works..

make sure the battery is completely dry before you put in back into the laptop

Thanks for the advice man.

I just rang Dell and their sending me a new power adapter, if that doesn't do the trick I'll try the freezer trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 robertjordan

Urgently need laptop can't afford one, student here.email or post reply here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Urgently need laptop can't afford one, student here.email or post reply here

Take it to the adverts wanted section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

jamieh wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice man.

I just rang Dell and their sending me a new power adapter, if that doesn't do the trick I'll try the freezer trick.

It's almost certainly the battery at fault - I hope they aren't making you pay for a new adapter. Happens on these batteries quite a bit and they are expensive to replace.

Their sending the adapter out for free but I've a feeling it's the battery too.

I might give the freezer trick a go!

Hi all,

New charger fixed the problem ....Very surprisingly!!

Thanks for all the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

New charger fixed the problem ....Very surprisingly!!

Mad! You live and learn, I suppose. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Hey,

Machine is about 14 months old. It's out of warranty so looks like forking out for a new battery :(

your laptop is not out of warrenty. As standard your laptop came with a 1 year warrenty. with all the controversy of the nvidia 8400gs graphics cards being slightly under quality, an extra year warrenty was put on all m1330 laptops.

no problem.

and besides, remember that a years warrenty is just an EXTRA help to you in your first year should you need to claim. this however does not effect your statiatory rights.

if you got a battery that did not fulfill it's designed purpose, you are entitled to a replacement or a repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

your laptop is not out of warrenty. As standard your laptop came with a 1 year warrenty. with all the controversy of the nvidia 8400gs graphics cards being slightly under quality, an extra year warrenty was put on all m1330 laptops.

no problem.

That one-year extension is just in relation to problems caused by or related to the Nvidia issue.

Advertisement