Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation pls - Apple (better security?) or Galaxy? (what advs)

Options
  • 22-02-2017 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Im on Voda contract and have an 5s iphone and looking for a replacement ...

Security - Are phonies significantly more secure and Galaxies really weak on attacks?

Any other major selling points for Samsung Galaxy ?

Any other outstanding brands / models on the market?

Budget is not really a problem as Im due and upgrade and want a good phone ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,692 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

worded wrote: »
    Im on Voda contract and have an 5s iphone and looking for a replacement ...

Security - Are phonies significantly more secure and Galaxies really weak on attacks?

Any other major selling points for Samsung Galaxy ?

Any other outstanding brands / models on the market?

Budget is not really a problem as Im due and upgrade and want a good phone ...

If budget is really no problem, and security is your main concern, I'd avoid Apple and Samsung personally and go for a Windows 10 Phone (I can hear laughing down the back already! :D), but the phone I would recommend is the HP Elite x3, same money as you'll pay for an iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 -

http://m.windowscentral.com/hp-elite-x3

I personally use a Lumia 930 with Windows 10 Phone and it works well in conjunction with the number of other Windows based devices I have at the moment.

I will say though, it's not even a niche market it's that small, but the Lumia 930 would do me even if Microsoft never release the rumoured Surface Phone. You'll hear a lot about the lack of apps in the app store, but this doesn't bother me because all I use are the main productivity apps on Office 365 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭worded

Advertisement