Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making my mobile number a freephone number for customers?

Options
  • 20-02-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭

I am toying with this idea if its at all possible (I dont even know if it can be done) at the moment my customers phone my mobile phone number and they get charged - how about if I wanted to make it that they phone my mobile number (the same number I have had for years) but instead of them being charged it would be a freephone number for them and the call just get charged to my mobile phone bill .. could that be done. do mobile phone providers offer this service? ... my mobile phone provider is Tesco Mobile Ireland.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd say your best bet is to ask in the Tesco forum.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You wont get this with a budget telco like TM.

Vodafone could map a 1800 number to your mobile I'm reasonably sure, their business sales team will advise you in five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,381 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say getting a freephone 1800 number and having that forwarded to your mobile would be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I'd say getting a freephone 1800 number and having that forwarded to your mobile would be the way to go.

found this - this most probably what im looking for. 20eur (per month I presume) rental plus cost of call and diverted to landline or mobile

http://www.kbvo.ie/1800-freephone-numbers?gclid=CjwKEAiAxKrFBRDm25f60OegtwwSJABgEC-Zq0qs1N3F8enVu4wda-EIswAV-jrh3ZNyOgQfXosjjRoC_nnw_wcB

gonna have another look though see if anything cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats already horrendously cheap. And their site looks crap so I wouldnt use them.

If this is real business not just a nixer then you should do a real analysis and then allocate correct expenditure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

found this - this most probably what im looking for. 20eur (per month I presume) rental plus cost of call and diverted to landline or mobile

http://www.kbvo.ie/1800-freephone-numbers?gclid=CjwKEAiAxKrFBRDm25f60OegtwwSJABgEC-Zq0qs1N3F8enVu4wda-EIswAV-jrh3ZNyOgQfXosjjRoC_nnw_wcB

gonna have another look though see if anything cheaper

Shop around.
    Get three quotes minimum.
    Kendlebell (which you linked to) are fairly well established in the market both here and the UK.

The standing charge is not going to be your main cost, the actual usage on the 1800 number will if you intend on the number being used heavily.

You need to bear in mind that you're going to be paying "on the double" for each and every call made to the 1800 number:
    - you'll pay the caller's leg of the call to call the 1800 number
    - you'll pay to have the 1800 call forwarded to your mobile number.

The per-minute cost varies greatly between the different providers and can even vary within the same provider depending on which mobile operator the caller is dialling from.

Given most mobile plans these days include unlimited minutes to all networks, is there a good business case for going 1800?

PAKNET wrote: »
    Shop around.
    Get three quotes minimum.
    Kendlebell (which you linked to) are fairly well established in the market both here and the UK.

The standing charge is not going to be your main cost, the actual usage on the 1800 number will if you intend on the number being used heavily.

You need to bear in mind that you're going to be paying "on the double" for each and every call made to the 1800 number:
    - you'll pay the caller's leg of the call to call the 1800 number
    - you'll pay to have the 1800 call forwarded to your mobile number.

The per-minute cost varies greatly between the different providers and can even vary within the same provider depending on which mobile operator the caller is dialling from.

Given most mobile plans these days include unlimited minutes to all networks, is there a good business case for going 1800?

Was thinking the same thing in a way too - no, wouldnt be heavy usage, shouldnt think. Just was thinking of making it attractive to people, because I stil think people these days still may be enquire about something if its a free phone number. I think some people still think phoning a mobile phone is expensive and might still put some people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭worded

I think a 087 or 086 number looks professional enough without an 1800. Depends on the business sector I suppose though too.

You may regret getting a 1800 and withdrawing it in the future may look like you are running into trouble

Its all about over heads and this will add to them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

If you wanted to get a 1800 number you could try Sonetel.com they offer 1800 numbers, their charge are

Monthly €2.80
    Incoming calls / min €0.77
    Call Forwarding / min to Ireland Mobile O2, Meteor, Access, H3G, Vodafone €0.013

Not sure what other companies charge, but could be cheaper, they make their money on the length of the incoming call as they charge per minute.

They also offer numbers in other countries.

nava wrote: »
    If you wanted to get a 1800 number you could try Sonetel.com they offer 1800 numbers, their charge are

Monthly €2.80
    Incoming calls / min €0.77
    Call Forwarding / min to Ireland Mobile O2, Meteor, Access, H3G, Vodafone €0.013

Not sure what other companies charge, but could be cheaper, they make their money on the length of the incoming call as they charge per minute.

They also offer numbers in other countries.

thanks, that looks good. i shall check it out later

• Advertisement
Advertisement